Rob R

Plow and Frame Compatibility

Rob R

Hi Rob from Brewster, NY here have a C-81 and an opportunity to purchase the plow and frame off a C-160. MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: Will it fit or can I make it fit with simple mods?  Thanks

gwest_ca

It will fit. Just a little older. The blade model numbers for both tractors are like 76-42BC01 with the C being the C-Series.

Garry

• Like 1

Rob R

Okay thanks Garry the guy who owns the current plow said it is missing the "U" bolt for the back axle attachment. Is this a bid Deal?

KC9KAS

:WRS:

With a Wheel Horse push plow, you need the axle bracket.

The axle bracket mounts to the rear axle and the back end of the plow attaches to this bracket.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square...click on the link below...on post #77 on page 4 are some good pictures of what you need to attach to the rear axle of your horse.  If you do not have one, some of the vendors on this site in the vendor section will have one.  Kelly or Dave's tractor world for sure...or put in a want add in the for sale section.  I have got them for...from nothing to $25...that was a while ago and at shows (no shipping). :)

• Like 1

Rob R

I pick-up the plow and frame tomorrow, I realize the mowing deck comes off, question is what else? Does the plow hook-up with the existing easy mount system or does that come off also?   Thanks all

stevasaurus

The frame, for the blade, attaches into the bracket mounted to your trans axle...and  at your lift link.  You will have to re-pin your front attach-o-matic, after dropping the mower deck,  so the handle does not interfere when lifting the blade...and you need to take your mule drive off the front of your horse so you can swivel the blade.  That should be all you have to do. :)   I almost forgot...and then wait for snow. :)   Enjoy the blade...it is my favorite attachment.

• Like 1

Rob R

Thanks for all the great advice and help will try and get this puppy installed this week ..... well ahead of the first snow..... also have to make a set a chains for the rear wheels.

• Like 1

nylyon

If you need to see one hooked up I'm right off Miltown and have a plow on my 414.

• Like 2

Rob R

You offer sounds great I should be right around the corner from you (Sherwood Hill Road). Might you pass me your address and/or phone so I can give you a shout if necessary. Merci....

varosd

Rob,  

Post some pictures when you pickup the blade etc.

• Like 1

nylyon

So you're at the other end of Milltown I know some people on Sherwood.   Send me a PM and I can get back to you.

Rob R

Okay so I picked-up the plow and frame today was in pretty good shape metal wise will sand and paint it in the spring. Looks to me like I need the bar that goes into the rear Axle "C" mount device, still don't understand how the front hooks up.... but maybe that will become apparent when I drop the deck. I think I need the lever that is used to pick-up the blade and operate the pin for tilting the blade??

Karl think I will take you up on you offer to come look at yours..... If you could pass me some way to contact you that would be great since you around the corner.

I posted some pics in the Gallery section which should help you Wheel Horse knowledgable guys.... you have all been great..... Merci............

stevasaurus

If you can hook up with Karl...you have it made... :)   Tell him "HI" for me.

nylyon

Hi Rob - I sent you a PM.  I looked at the pictures and you have a couple parts missing from the plow.  There's supposed to be a rod at the back of that frame which hooks into the rear axle bracket.  

Check this post for more details (this is my 414)

AMC RULES

:WRS:

squonk

paint the blade with a brush in the spring and take a video of you watching it dry!  :)  :)  :greetings-waveyellow:

• Like 1

nylyon

Rob it was good to meet you.  Once you get that rear axle bracket and the angle arm you'll be all set!

nylyon

Rob, glad you got it going.  I have added U.S. Army to your profile, Thank You!  Also, didn't realize you were IBM too!

FYI, a quick trip to Palmer's to pick up the pin and the plow is 100% back together and parked under the camper!

• Like 1

Rob R

You are the best Karl, my C-81 is together thanks to you and the guys from Redsquare.  I am still thinking about your accident..... holy smokes!!!!!!!!!! 

One last question when I hooked the plow (center support) the little extension bar had a "single hole" and/or "slot" wasn't sure which on to mount the pick up bar to..... I used the single hole. let me know if this was correct. Merci  P.S. yes I was a Senior Project Manager with IBM for 34+ yrs.

Edited by rgrottk

nylyon

I use the single hole as well.  Here's a manual which may be helpful: 

I just completed my 10th year with IBM, as Senior SAP Technical Architect. 

Rob R

Okay all set added some completed pics of my C-81 with the plow installed thanks so much to Karl for helping me with the fine details and getting the operating rod length and bends correct.

P.S. I also made and created plow skids on both side of the plow blade to save the blade scraper bar etc.   Also replaced the shifter boot so no additional snow water gets into the trans........Thanks again to all......

nylyon

That's one great looking combination, now all you need is snow!

• Like 1

nylyon

Rob, I think you'll get to use the plow tomorrow!  Let us know how it works out.

• Like 1

Rob R

Yes sir, all charged-up and ready to roll...... took it out for a shake-down cruise on the 3 inches we had the other day..... so I already know it works and angles great..... Sunday morning we give it a real test.....