Stepney

Snow plow idea...

Stepney

Hello all! Well, winter's coming on fast. I have the Cub 125 and 42" blower ready. However. I already have enough projects, but I had another idea... I have a total of nearly a mile of tracks that run through the back field, and would like to use them this winter. As a younger child, being a railroad. Fanatic, I started to thinking... If I took a weighted, chained WH, and made a wedge plow? I just question if the plow would shove the front of the tractor around. I figure a flat plow would just cover up, and make a giant pile, the wedge would push it to the side... What do you think of this idea?

Spenser.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I think is will work for you.

Someone on here mave a "Vee" plow that was hydraulic controlled to go from "V" to straight and angle right and left.

Keep us posted (with pictures) of your project.

AMC RULES

Something along these lines? 

Stepney

AMC RULES, Ahh, perfect! That's about exactly what I had in mind, just not hinged... I have to get some pictures of last year, someone had a plow just like that on an old Schwinn Town and Country Trike! (Hmm, another idea) :eusa-think:  I have an old Cub plow that I plan to use for this.  I'll have to get some pictures when I'm done with my LAST project, (A 1948 Indian Scout)  and move to THIS one! 

Spenser.

RMCIII

Scott out of Reese MI. made the power "V" blade. I think his screen name is "smoreau". He really did an amazing job on it.

chevelletown
vplow001.jpg
  • Like 1