EmilSand

My first Wheel Horse, C160

EmilSand

Today I went with my brother and picked up my very first Wheel Horse, I dont know if it was a lucky coincidence or an act of a higher power, but the WH was stored with 10-12 other WH in a variety of models 5 mins away from the house I bought this summer. I asked him mostly for fun if he had a snowblade aswell, they seem impossible to find in Sweden, and he casually said yes, so, instead of just buying the C160 for fun, I ended up reserving a snowblade and a NOS cutting deck, I havent done more then load it up on the trailer, roller it off and into the garage yet but I have big plans for it!

First of all I need to find a muffler, either a used one or an aftermarket one, then ill try and go over it to see if there are any more parts missing, oh, it needs a new battery aswell..

post-11728-0-72560300-1380487485_thumb.j

Edited by EmilSand
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

:ychain: Nice find ..... Is that black hood and fender original paint ?

Welcome to RS.

EmilSand

I think it is, ill take a closer look at it in the coming week, will take plenty of photos from every angle and under the hood aswell!

546cowboy

That is one ugly seat! :eusa-think::laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

timo4352

Pretty wild looking bucket seat there.

:WRS:

Tim

EmilSand

Its ugly, but man its comfy!

AMC RULES

What type of muffler are you going to run? 

EmilSand

I have no clue, ill try and find an original, or ill try and fabricate my own, i like the style with the pipe coming out of the hood!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

They call those stacks, gotta get the little rain guard flapper for the top too...

makes the little tink...tink...tink sound when running at idle. 

• Like 1

EmilSand

So, the basics of a stack is turning the exhaust upwards, attaching a muffler and continuing with a pipe at the top, either bent or with a cap?

AMC RULES

Again...the type of muffler you run on a stack will make or break the look of it...

but yeah, you got it. Either straight pipe with a cap. or the bent pipe...your choice.  

EmilSand

Since im new to all of this im open for all suggestions and ideas!

AMC RULES

Maybe do a poll, with a couple different versions...

let those with experience help you make the best choice. 

EmilSand

The best thing imo would be a small muffler that sits under the hood and just a clean pipe going up the hood, it looks pretty neat, and it would probably lessen the stress on the mounting, one of the first things on my list after solving the muffler issue is to give it a general overhaul and looking up a wiring system, almost every cable was cut except the ones from the totally dead battery..

953 nut

post-8798-0-20257900-1380501182_thumb.jp

I used a Harley Daviason muffler and love it, sounds great! Good luck and keep us informed.

• Like 2

EmilSand

Thanks! Ive actually got a bunch of old motorcycle mufflers in all shapes/sizes/materials laying around so the thought crossed my mind to use one of them! Thats a nice looking ride you got there, what model is it ?

gwest_ca

Here is a 1977 operator manual and wiring diagram

If you find the ID plate let us know what the model number and serial number are. It may be on the left side below the fuel tank tray and above the lift lever.

Garry

EmilSand

Thanks alot! Ill search it as soon as I get the time, its in the garage of the house im renovating at the moment, and ive got two 12 hour nightshifts coming up, but ill look it over asap, anything else I should look for while im at it?

Wheel-N-It

Congragulations on the new tractor :)

EmilSand

Thank you, its gonna be fun to have something to work on again, and actually having my own garage to work in!

Moparfanforever

If you put a stack on your tractor and you are using it to mow , don't forget about low hanging objects around your yard !!

Nice find on the tractor and a good running 16HP Kohler is a beast !!

• Like 1

EmilSand

I think Ill be safe with a decent sized stack, otherwise ill maybe try and do a sidepipe, but I prefer the looks of a stack!

EmilSand

Started out today with buying some parts that I guess ill need sooner or later, new airfilter, parts for the carb and measured up the size of the batterytray so i can pick up a fresh battery tomorrow, i completely forgot to take pictures today but ill take some tomorrow!

EmilSand

Ok, ive changed the battery to a brand spanking new one, happy as a kid on christmas eve i turned the key and instead of that sweet sound of a 1cyl engine all i heard was a click.. Tried a few more times, checked wires, pulled out a few ones that were cut in both ends.. And nothing.. I cant open the manual and wiring that Barry sent for some reason, but atleast i took some pics!

post-11728-0-01895600-1380816197.jpg

post-11728-0-99705900-1380816218.jpg

post-11728-0-25337900-1380816266.jpg

post-11728-0-63267300-1380816301.jpg

EmilSand

After finally being able to read the manual i think ive figured it out, or atleast i hope so, the "brake" pedal is pretty much just hanging there, and from what ive read that pedal is included in the starting process, my guess is that the function of the pedal is backfiring on me and makes it impossible to start.. Thoughts?