Sign in to follow this  
tommyg

Control valve O rings d-180

tommyg

Well, I assumed incorrectly that the O rings at the bottom of the control valve "piston" for lack of a better word, on my d-180 was a standard Toro issue. But Toro doesn't even show a break down of that valve. Anyone know if there's a place I can deal with to get an exact match for this thing or do I have to just find one that's "close" and hope for the best? It's the one that goes between the control valve housing and the spring assembly at the bottom of the valve. It has a cover over the bottom.  Not the O rings on the hoses. Will post a pic if I need to, but last time I tried, it said I didn't have any more picture space available. Whatever that means.

gwest_ca

You have this service manual?

Garry

woodchuckfarmer

NAPA has a good selection

JamesBe1

I doubt they are anything special.  I would take the old one off and take it down to the local hardware store.  Most places have a decent selection of orings.  Also, oring kits are pretty cheap in the internet.

Ed Kennell

Tommyg, You need to delete some of your attachments. you have exceeded your allowable storage for pictures.

Click on your (name) in upper right.

Click on your (settings).

Click on( manage attachments).

Check all( boxes) on right side that you want to delete.

Scroll to the bottom and click on( delete).

Good luck, Ed

tommyg

Garry, that link could be helpful. Thanks. I've been to 5 hardware and automotive places so far. No one seems to have anything that fat. Didn't think there was anything special about this O ring. Guess I'll just have to keep looking. Maybe a "kit" might be the best option. Ed, if I delete the picture attachments, won't that kind of make the posts irrelevant for others? Thanks for all the input, guys. I know there's gotta be one out there with my name on it.

Ed Kennell

:angry-nono: You are only allowed 8MB of space. When you exceed that you must delete some of the older attachments if you want to post new pics. You may want to reduce the size of the pics before posting to save some of your space.

bewford

Contact member roblawrance he has had these in the past

tommyg

Well, I may have found something at an the local Discount Auto. Borrowed my brother's vernier calipers to get a good feel for the size. I could easily find some that were the right OD, but the ID and cross section were always wrong. Looks like the cross section is an 1/8". I'll find out tomorrow if I was successful. Seems to fit perfectly. Too bad I have to put it all back together to find out! Keeping my fingers crossed.

tommyg

For what it's worth, the lower O ring is actually an oversize "special order" O ring. I found a 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD X 1/8 which still seems to do the trick. But it turns out that the issue was not with the lower O ring like I thought. It was the upper one. Oil was being forced out the top and draining down the control valve giving the appearance that it was leaking out the bottom. Replaced that with the same size as the bottom and I think I'm back in business now. Time will tell.