Sign in to follow this  
Gunny

Walk Behind, Self Propelled Mower

Gunny

Need some advice.  Looking for a Walk Behind, Self Propelled Mower.  Larger than a 22", and no pull start.

Wife likes to mow the yard around the house.  About 4500 square feet of lush Saint Augustine  that gets a lot of TLC. Her only desire is to have electric start.   Any suggestions? 

• Like 1

6wheeler

Check out the Toro Personal Pace Mowers. I have 2. They work well. My brother has one also.  They are good machines.

• Like 1

groundhog47

Dennis, Sears has several elect start, walk behind, self propelled, so I would fig some other brands would also. Haven't seen any at Lowes or home Depot though.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Dennis, Sears has several elect start, walk behind, self propelled, so I would fig some other brands would also. Haven't seen any at Lowes or home Depot though.

Saw their Craftsman brand had some good prices on the Kohler powered units too.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

rydogg

I deal with the Toro line of mowers and the Timemaster is the only Toro that I know of that is a walk behind with a 30" cut and electric start, it is also a personal pace so all you do is start walking and the mower will adjust its speed depending on the speed of the user.  I would do some research and check out some reviews since I have never sold or used one.  The model number for the electric start version is 20200 it has no manual choke or primer, choke is automatic, it also has the blade brake system so the engine stays running and the blades stop, comes with a full 3 year warranty but it is a little heavy at 138lbs and somewhat pricey at around $1,000.

Edited by rydogg

Gunny

Thanks to all for the responses!  late getting back on here, took a break for a long weekend. Enjoyed a Cell phone and computer free weekend...in exchange was Rangers-Astros Ball game, and wife time!  Right now am leaning towards a Toro, although Husqvarna also has a couple of interesting mowers as well.  Rydogg, might ask for some additional advice as we narrow it down.

Dennis