Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

Deck size ?????

B-8074

I put the forward swept axle and 1" spindles on my C-175 along with gear reduction steering. My question does the KT-17 have enough power to run a 60" deck? I know it will fit, but my local dealer said I don't have enough power. I'm not convinced, but don't want to buy one if it won't work. Has anyone run a deck that big on anything smaller 20hp? Any feed back would be great. I need to get another deck ASAP. Thanks.

B-100 Dan

I think you would really be working the motor pretty hard with a 60" deck, unless you mowed about every other day.  An old Wheel Horse dealer told me years ago, that the implement that takes the most HP. and is hardest for the tractor to run is the mowing deck!!!

MalMac

Just my opinion but I think you would work that 17. I had one on my 520, it worked the 20hp sometimes if the grass was damp or just a little too tall. I did a great job but you could tell it worked the 20. Also that heavy deck is hard on the tractor. Wears the mid-point hitch and lift bar. If I remember right they had to come out with a heavy duty lift bar for the earlier 520's. Also I read were some of the 520's that used the 60 on a regular basis were having trouble with the frames cracking where the forward foot support bar went through the frame. Maybe some member will chime in here that knows more about it.

B-8074

Thanks guys. I didn't take into consideration on how it would wear on the tractor. Now I just need to find a good 48"deck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• bkarp@roadrunner.com
      By bkarp@roadrunner.com
      my magnum 12 kohler all of a sudden is blowing oil out of the carb. if rings are bad should oil be blowing out of the muffler.thanks for any help brent
    • 87 416-8 horse
      By 87 416-8 horse
      I’m looking for wheel horse tractors for sale or for parts in the Eastern Nebraska or western Iowa area. Preferably 8 speed manuals. Pm me or comment with what you have. The worst I could say is it’s out of my price or distance range. Edit: engine is not important, it’s going to get a big diesel swap.
      Thanks,
      John
    • Tinman1962
      By Tinman1962
      Recently got hold of a 656 it's has a "newer" 61/2 Briggs on it I don't believe that's right any ideas about that
    • Little Red Horse
      By Little Red Horse
      Hey all. I have a Electro 12 with a factory belly blade. It runs* and drives. I had used it to grade my driveway the last 6 yrs. Having moved I'm looking at my options on storing it or selling it. Frankly I have no idea what it is worth. I watched "ISaveTractors" video on 5 things to do with a new to you wheel horse/12hp kohler. (When i got it 6yrs ago) And went thru and did the adjustments and replaced the parts mentioned. It has been a good strong tractor for me until around July of this year. (2023)
      *Around July it started dying after running 20-30min. I replaced the carb (Chinese Amazon purchase) with one from isavetractors web site. That seemed to help it idle smoother(the old carbs jets wouldnt adjust), but it still dies at around 20-30min.
      So I've got 2 questions. 
      1. What is it worth? (As-Is) and
      2. What do I need to do to fix it? 
      Thanks yall!

• 850ford
      By 850ford
      I am looking for a replacement Kohler for a 1980 c165,it is cradle mounted.
      Will a standard mount Kohler work, if I remove the cradle?
       I am located in Massachusetts 
        Thanks