Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Getting ready for winter

Nick

After hearing the prepaid price for propane this year would be $2.99 we knew something had to be change. So we went to 3 of the the pellet stove dealers within 60 miles and in the end came home with a Harman model P38+. Turned up on Turbo , sounds cool anyway, it hits 43,000 btu. The hope is that the propane use will be at worst cut in half and with any luck even better results will happen. B)

The pellet section of this forum has some good information.

http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/

The Harman P38 is the smaller unit they sell but should throw some heat.

P1010027.jpg

First trip Dad and I hauled home 2,000 pounds of pellets and the stove in my F250.

P1010019.jpg

2nd load took brothers F450, no trouble with 6,000 pounds of pellets. B)

P1010022.jpg

Stacked 3 tons tonight for a total of 4 tons. Hope it will last the winter. :whistle:

P1010024.jpg

P1010026.jpg

perry

stove looks good :whistle: . and a good size load of pellets B) .

the quicker you got in there the better B) . the closer the cold gets people are going to be making a mad dash to buy heaters and stoves.

i dont know nothing about corn stove's. let me know how you like it. i have'nt herd of too many complaints. you should be able to burn corn also , correct ?.

with me living on 5 acres of woods there was no sence in me looking at anything but woodstoves B) .

Nick

The model we have is wood pellets only with a 43,000 btu output on turbo. For about the same size and price you can get a Magnum Baby that can burn corn, wood pellets or Cherry and Olive pits. Not sure where you find bags of pits. :whistle:

We are in town so the only easy place to get wood now is a local sawmill that sells slab wood. The big plus for the pellet burner was also direct venting right thru the wall with no chimney needed. Guess when the cold hits we will see if it heats like an air tight wood stove. B)

perry

The big plus for the pellet burner was also direct venting right thru the wall with no chimney needed.

yes the direct venting is a sweet thing B) . them chimneys get expensive and alot of up keep. i know i have 2 stainless double wall chimneys.