Sign in to follow this  
Nick

$17,000 JD wagon train ?

Nick

Is it just me or does the tractor look like it has a cemetery wreath on the hood. B):whistle:

Ebay train sale

T-Mo

He must think highly of those barrels!

perry

the green tractor sure sticks out like a sore thumb. doe'nt even match the rest of the train....

Jim_M

$17,500.00 ?? He's pretty proud of that thing!

CasualObserver

You have to look at the fact he's not just selling the train... he's selling his business. The train, the trailer, the tractor, decorations... it's a ready made weekend job in a kit.

Nick

For someone that wanted to buy a ready to go business that might not be so bad of a price. But for someone on a budget it wouldnt be hard to come up with some plastic barrels, build the train and then use a RED tractor to pull it. :horseplay: The enclosed trailer would be the largest investment. That and good liability insurance. B)

We just had our small villages 65th annual Fireman's Jamboree, this is a local guys barrel train that has come the last couple years. He used smaller barrels and has a gas golf cart to pull it. There is one at the local tractor show every year that uses later model Power king tractors to pull it but I cant find any pictures.

2008008.jpg

perry

here is the one they had at the strawberry fest in leonard, MI a few weeks ago.

think they wanted $5 a person.

strawberryfest020.jpg

CasualObserver

I'm hoping to get some pictures soon of the one my in-laws have. My wife's dad built it when they were kids... (she's one of 5 kids and had lots of similar age cousins) from a plan he saw in Better Homes and Gardens. He's got four cars, a box car, a flat car, a coal car and a caboose. Each one is 4'x2' and has two wheels just like the barrel cars. He only recently got it down from the rafters of the shed and is refurbishing it with the arrival of the newest granddaughter. He had it out last weekend at the Franklin Grove (IL) Living History show if anyone was there. My BIL said it was a huge hit with kids at the show. They were loaded to the hilt whenever they were running it! I'll try to remember this thread and add pictures when I can get them.

Anyone familiar with the plans? Be neat to see them.

Sparky

I sure hope that tractor has some upgraded brakes B) . Imagine all the weight it would have to stop real quick if a some kid ran in front of it while fully loaded. I bet the rear tires just skid right along with all the weight of the trailers and passengers. Probably even worse in grass.

Mike..........