Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Smith

UK HELP! Rear Tyres.

Charlie Smith

Hello all. People from other parts of the world can answer if they know of anywhere in the UK.... But can all the UK users out there please try and help. I want to remove my grass/turf tyres and store them up but i want to replace them with some Cleat/Agricultural Tyres. Any suggestions where to buy these....

Thanks

Charlie.

wheeledhorseman

Just a suggestion but why not look out for a spare set of rims as well, that way you can swap wheels over as required. For my C-100 I have a pair of wheels with 'Ags' and a pair with grass tyres.

Ags do come up from time to time on an unmentionable auction site as do rear wheels but you can start by getting an idea of new prices of tyres by googling 'cheap agricultural tyres' which will find online suppliers, some of which deal in turf and small tractor tyres e.g. agriculturaltyresonline

Other guys in the UK can probably identify specific sources they've used but you need to get an overal idea of prices to be able to spot a bargain.

Andy

Charlie Smith

Yes I was thinking of buying some extra rims there's a set going for £25 is that good?.... And thank you. Just need to check what size my tyres and rims already are. :)

Charlie.

Stigian

Morning Charlie, £25 for just a set of rims isn't a bad price..

Sometime you can be lucky finding stuff.. Many years ago when I bought my Raider 10 I also picked up a pair of wheels with ag's on them for £5!!

The big 26x26-12's that I have just taken off my 312 (nope, I'm not selling them :D ) were picked up on ebay for £9.99.    Slightly used but still very good tires..

The ag's I bought for my 6X6 came from http://www.allterraintyres.co.uk..    The tip here is their website is slightly cheaper than their ebay shop  :handgestures-thumbup:

Charlie Smith

Morning good sir, :D

Yes I didn't think £25 was too bad.. They have a set of turf tyres but very bauld so there no good. But I just want the rims. :D and you picked some up for only £5 :o wow... And ah thank you for that great tip, :D

Charlie

Stigian

Yeah, I did get lucky at that auction... I think a small slice in one of the tire sidewalls put any other bidders off. But both tires held air just fine and gave me many years of good use until I sold the Wh they were on.

Charlie Smith

What kind of auctions did/do you go too? Farmers auctions or somthing..... They sound a good place to buy the things I need...

Thanks

Charlie,

meadowfield

deffo get another pair of rims...

When looking on that auction site keep the search broad!

i.e. you want 23x8.50-12 to match the turf tyres, but 23x9.50 and 10.50 work!   I'm running 10.50's on the C-101 and they look the dogs :D

So try searches like "chevron 12" or "tractive 12"

I got 4 argocat tyres listed incorrectly for £40 - these said quad wheels in the listing - they were actually Deestone 24x12-12's which were well worth it.

Bargain of the year was the GT14 tyres, listed as NHS forklift tyres. They were actually BKT 27x15-9.50 bobcat/skid loader tyres. £50 for the pair (retailed at £140 each) :D

If you don't mind spending the money then try allterraintyres.

mark

Charlie Smith

Hello mark. I don't mind spending my money as long as I get what. Pay for... We don't want tyres falling to bits on first outing now do we.. Lol.. I've seen them around new for £80 Each... I'm sure I can get a set somewhere else for a bit cheaper. I don't mind them being second hand.

Charlie

Tom.

Hi all,

I am actally in the process of looking for some chevron tyres for my C-141 and have come across 23x850-12 for £38 ex vat and p&p but they don't have rims if that is any help. They are on tyretraders.

Tom

EDIT: I have just found 23x1050-12 on there at £50 each ex. vat and p&p.

Charlie Smith

Hello Tom. Any chance you could link me to them on the website? Thanks

Charlie

meadowfield

My dads after a pair, might be perfect !

Thanks

Tom.

Hi meadowfield,

Just to confirm the 23x1050-12 would fit my C-141 correct? I currently have 23x850-12 grass tyres on there.

Tom

Charlie Smith

Looks like that websites gonna make two sales in the near see able future... :P and I'm pretty sure.. But just depends how much gap you have from the wheel arch to the tyre as the cleat tred on the tyres is taller..

Charlie.

Anglo Traction

Hi meadowfield,

Just to confirm the 23x1050-12 would fit my C-141 correct? I currently have 23x850-12 grass tyres on there.

Tom

Tom/Charlie, 23 x 10.50 x 12s may fit ok, but check . They are fitted to my standard Rims (7x12) on my C-120 as in the pic below. A small price paid in the Diameter reduction due to the Tyre wall overhanging the rims. These are New Old Stock Duros, picked them up after a listed pair on Auction were sold, but found in the description that they had more. Got them for £75.00 a pair. 

If you go Tubeless, your Tyre Fitter needs to be pretty adept to seat the Beads on the rims.

post-3520-0-45599000-1361829127_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Stigian

What kind of auctions did/do you go too? Farmers auctions or somthing..... They sound a good place to buy the things I need...

Thanks

Charlie,

Yep, it was the local (it was local at the time) agricultural auction in Paddock Wood, Kent.

They do have Wheel Horses there from time to time, it's been many years since I last went though..

meadowfield

mine are Duro 10.50's too

IMG_9243.jpg

Charlie Smith

Ah on that case there's an agracultuial auction just a little drive away. :D must go visit. :D

Charlie.

Richard Newick-Smith

Hi Charlie padock Wood auction still going