Sign in to follow this  
Dresden Guy

K-341 carb refurb...... Best place to buy carb stuff??

Dresden Guy

Need some advise from the WH aficionados.

Q: I am wanting to rebuild/refurbish carburetors on my K181 (on a B-80) and my K-341 (on the C-160/8).

The C-160 carb is stamped # 45 503 20s. Is that number a Kohler carb or a Walbro?

Q: The number on the inside of the carb venturi is: "30" Does that mean .030", 30mm, ????

Q: The brass choke plate in the venturi has a "K" stamped on it. Does it mean "Kohler" or ????

Q: Where is the best price for buying the gaskets, needle valves, O-ring, and float?? Sten's? Jacks? Kohler? Toro Dealer?

I think the carb on the B-80 is the same as the one on the C-160 - I haven't pulled the B-80 carb off yet?

Garden plowing time is coming soon :greetings-clappingyellow: and there's carb work to be done!!!

Thanks

Steve

TT

I buy my Kohler parts at the local "mom & pop" parts store.

They can use the financial support more than the giant internet companies - and they're more appreciative. :handgestures-thumbup:

Dresden Guy

Terry,

I agree, but so far coming up with "I can't locate that item" (local NAPA and a local repair shop that works on Kohlers). I will keep trying "local". My wife and I own two (2) "local" businesses, and our motto is: Everyday is "Independents" Day for small businesses.

Thanks for the "Carb" download file .......... great reference tool. I am printing out pictures of my carb and heading to the local "mom & pops" again.

Thanks

Steve

rydogg

The kohler carb kit is part number 25 757 01 s I get them for $9.75 or less this kit will fit both the k181 and the k341 these can be found at most parts stores. I buy these in quantity at ebay since the shipping is cheaper or free if you buy several at a time. Supporting mom and pop operations is the best thing to do I work part time for one but I am 30 minutes from the shop so for the cost of fuel and my time I prefer to get most of my parts shipped directly to my door.

Whmaverick

I do support local business but sometimes for real good carburetor work and parts or upgrades you need to know about Brian miller at a-1millers performance inc. great service excellent quality work and his dad just might call ya at 8 o'clock at night and talk a while, just ask me how I know.