Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Whmaverick

Hydraulic cylinder question

Recommended Posts

Whmaverick

So I was plowing this morning and noticed the lift cylinder was leaking. So I took it off and it's the old style welded on both ends, so can it be rebuilt? Is it worth it? How much to have a shop do it? Should I up grade to a newer rebuildable style? Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Trouty56

The later if possible. I've had one rebuilt (weld cut on a lathe and rewelded) and it still leaks.

Edited by Trouty56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Whmaverick

Thanks trouty56 any idea what I can expect to pay to have mine rebuilt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
KC9KAS

Should I up grade to a newer rebuildable style? Thanks in advance.

Can a replacement cylinder this same size be purchased? I have a couple leaking too....I was going to take them to a hydraulic rebuild place for an estimate....Maybe couldn't afford it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Trouty56

Maverick.....I had a guy at work do it in the shop after hours.....he charged me 50 buck. That is the best I can tell you.

KC9....I was looking at a cylinder on surplus center....I may try to mod it and see if it will fit. I may need to put a stop around the shaft to shorten the stroke. They used something like I am thinking to adjust the tilt on a forklift years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
chev0545

take it to a shop that has a test station.i had one cut,replaced o-rings,welded it,then tested it,no leaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
KC9KAS

take it to a shop that has a test station.i had one cut,replaced o-rings,welded it,then tested it,no leaks

What did this service cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
chev0545

he was an amish that just opened.$100 w/ hoses,he said it wouldn't be that cheap again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • Tim's Toy Tractor
      By Tim's Toy Tractor
      Seat, New! Universal Garden Tractor / Riding Mower Seat
       
      This is a new seat that I purchased for a project tractor and never used, it is in Perfect as New Condition.
       
      I have used this seat on a few Wheel Horse tractors, and they have been a perfect fit and look great.
       
      This is a Universal fitment seat; it has multiple mounting holes and mounting patterns for fitment on most Graden Tractors and Riding Mowers.
       
      $49.00  Call Tim @ 1-313-460-8858     (Local Pick-Up Only, No Shipping)






    • Tim's Toy Tractor
      By Tim's Toy Tractor
      Two 3 Rib Firestone Tires, 16x6.50-8, 2 of them mounted on OEM Wheel Horse Rims, NEW!
       
      These tires are New, Never Used! Not the cheap China ones, these are High Quality Firestone Tires!
       
      Size: 16x6.50-8
       
      Great for any Garden Tractor or Riding Mower
       
      They are mounted on original Wheel Horse wheels that have been sandblasted & epoxied, and painted with ivory colored paint, note there are a few chips along the inside bead from mounting the tires. The rims will need your specific size wheel bearings installed.
       
      $99.00 Call Tim @ 1-313-460-8858        (Local Pick-Up Only, No Shipping)
       
       
       







    • Tim's Toy Tractor
      By Tim's Toy Tractor
      C - Series, Hood and Sheet Metal (square black insert) (also known as black hood models) for sale!
       
      This sheet metal set, including C Series Hood, Dash piece, Seat Bracket, and Left & Right-Side Covers, and Left & Right Floorboards was sandblasted, epoxy primed, and painted the OEM Wheel Horse Red Paint.
       
      The painted set is not perfect, a little metal pitting on one of the floorboards, a few little imperfections in the paint here and there as I'm a rookie painter, but this is a nice painted set of sheet metal to freshen up your C Series Wheel Horse!
       
      $140.00 O.B.O. Call Tim @ 1-313-460-8858        (No Shipping, Local Pick-Up Only)

















    • Deer hunter
      By Deer hunter
      Does anyone know where I could find a complete engine rebuild kit from for the k-19 ? I absolutely love my c-195 and have had it for years. But the motor let go last fall and I want to rebuild it or upgrade the motor, any suggestions?
    • BrianStasC-101
      By BrianStasC-101
      Hello all. I am looking for suggestions on adapting the pto from my C series tractor to a harbor freight predator 420 13hp engine. I know the predator motors are a controversial topic however it is the route I have chosen for this particular machine. The intent was to mostly use it for plowing so no PTO required but it would be handy to have. Looking to hear from someone that has successfully done the swap that may offer any advice before I attempt to transfer it over. Just looking for any general pointers that will help me along the way to make it go as smoothly as possible. 
×
×
  • Create New...