Sign in to follow this  
tractorbeast

PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY - Probate lawyers (short) READ, TELL UR KIDS

tractorbeast

Well I was sadly awakened this week after a trip to a Lawyers office to have my Father-in-Laws Will probate action started. Make no mistake “THE LAWYER DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU†even though you pay $1500 minimum to probate a Will (In Ohio).

Everything we did to keep the estate out of probate, the Lawyer added to raise the value of the estate. The higher the estate value, the more the Lawyer makes. If you close a family members account because the account had both your names on it, if you even mention it, the Lawyer â€ETHICLY†has to give this info to the court- you are taxed on it.

If you privately settled part of a deceased family members estate, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. Don’t even tell a Lawyer. If you give a child something, never speak of it outside the family. --------------------

This is only one experience with a Lawyer and do not expect this law to be upheld or be the same in all states. But be aware, ask questions first, and read up on the process, we didn’t. Please tell your children. Don’t give away the farm, you worked too hard for it.

• Like 1

rmaynard

I have never had an encounter with an attorney that ended well.

Which brings to mind an old joke;

What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A GOOD START.

No offense intended if you or anyone in your family is an attorney. I'm sure you have heard them all.

• Like 1

VinsRJ

It the "new" american way... take from one and give to the other.

Where do you think those taxes are going?

Rollerman

Just weighing in, we do have members here at RS that are attorneys.

While I've only been involved with an attorney or lawyer a few times in my life so far, both were positive.

Reading beforehand & educateing yourself on the processes that will be involved are good ideas, but lets not assume all attorneys/lawyers are bad because some of us may of had bad expeirences.

• Like 2

SousaKerry

My Grandfather was a shrewd old man he gave everything away before he died including the house he lived in, Deeded it to my Dad and leased it back for $5 a year...

My dad will probably do the same thing.

6wheeler

I'm not leaving anything. I'm gonna sell it all buy a motorhome and go see the country. Then give the motorhome to the undertaker to cover my expenses at the end.... Everybody happy see?

• Like 1

KC9KAS

I had a wealthy great aunt that died leaving $$ to some of the neices and nephews but not some of the other neices & nephews. She also left $$ to a "bastard" great-nephew.

The will was contested and was tied up in court for years and years. The financial institution and lawyers kept taking their monthy expenses and when all was said and done mom got enough money to buy a "Big Mac".