Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Evil Knievel

Rollerman

I heard on the radio yesterday on way home from work that Evil Knievel had passed away at 69.

I can remember watching him as a kid with my dad jumping cars,buses what ever on a Harley.

Then it seems like all us kids in the neighborhood would make a jump & go at it on are bikes....often getting busted up pretty good!

It was always a good time watching him or even pretending to be him.

Best wishes to the Kneivel family.

Stephen in northern IN

nylyon

Even having the Evil SST's which was the Snake River Canyon bike, we used to smash that into the walls, I can still hear my mom yelling at that one...

kpinnc

I had alot of the toys as a kid. I remember the motorcycle with the "zip start". It had ramps so you could jump it. Man, that thing would sail!

I'd bet he's part of the reason for all the motorcycle "x-games" stunts now. Those guys do some truly amazing things. Definately must take some brass ones...

He was definately an icon when I was a kid. I certainly got enough bumps and bruises thinking I could do it too! You haven't had fun until your "cape" gets caught in the chain and yanks you off the seat! :D

It's a different world now though. Most kid's heros now live on the Disney channel. What a shame...

Kevin