Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Working on my dream car

Kelly

As some of you know i'm a bodyman, i work at a shop that works on mostly late model cars and about 40% of them are semi high end rides, Lincoln, caddys (I'm also working on a limo right now), BMW, ect......., well this week I got in my stall a car I really would not mind having, wrong color it's white, but I could get over that, it's a 2013 shelby GT500 with a 6 speed trans, I've only drove it around the parking lot but I'm here to tell you 650hp with a stick is unreal, these new cars are so smooooth, and this is the baby shelby the owner said they make them with 900hp but he got this one because it is the most HP you can get from Ford with a warrranty, the owner says in 3rd gear you can mash the gas pedal and set the car sideways, it only has 1400 miles on it he had it put up for winter but it was nice Thankgiving day so he got it out to drive a few miles to the inlaws house and show it off, when a deer jumped out in front of him, well now I'm putting half the front end on the car, I'd love to take this for a test drive but I know what the boss would say, and I know I have self control but i also know I would probably stab the gas at least once, the engine is a monster wall to wall motor with a supercharger on it, all hand built even has a tag that is signed by the engine builder, I could have one not white but any color i want for $60,000 I think I would have to sell a few tractors before the wife would say ok.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:wwp:

VinsRJ

:wwp:

Of the damage... perfect examples can be found on the net, LOL!

AMC RULES

Of the form of art that Kelly does. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Cole

darn, how fast was he going when he hit it, I hope nothing happened to that beautiful purring baby under the hood.

Deere Hunter

I have had the experience of driving and riding in a new Shelby. Way more power than you could ever use on the street! If I owned one I'd need a truck load of rear tires in stock. Those tires would not last long with me driving lol

Here's my buddies Shelby that I had the honor to drive

Shelby5002010.jpg

• Like 1

Kelly

No pics of the damage, I have already removed the messed up parts and I'm test fitting the new panels, I need to put it on the frame machine mon. to finish pulling the coresupport forward another 1/2" and then fit the rest of the parts headlights, bumper cover, all the mounting brackets, ect...... oh to have money, I'll never own one but I can dream.

post-85-0-46650500-1355519249_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-47733900-1355519373_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-33808900-1355519417_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-60762300-1355519510_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-16024500-1355519552_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-80524200-1355519626_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-74123200-1355519720_thumb.jpg

This is a limo I've been working on for near 2 weeks now, it's a funaral home car, and while in use it was hit HARD in the drivers front corner, it ripped the wheel and all the suspention off and stuffed it in to the car, wadded the door up pushed the A pillar/door post back a foot and in 6" and the floor with it, last week I was on the frame machine for 5 days pulling repairing and replacing panels, yesterday and today I put 99% of it back together after being painted, I should have took before pics it was bad.

post-85-0-69355200-1355519766_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ken B

Edited by Ken B

Coadster32

That's alot of stuffing under that hood.

Gene_S

Not to bad for a Ford Kelly! Sounds like the damage on the limo was close to a total more then fixable but then again the cost to replace it must be close to 75 g's if not more.