Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

CAVEMEN AWARDS DINNER

illinilefttackle

Hi Guys- Yesterday we attended the Awards dinner for the Mishawaka Cavemen 2012 football team. Everyone had a super time-and it gave us the opportunity to Honor these exceptional athletes. The point was expressed over and over how these young men not only showed excellence on the field but off also. The head coach said he had not had a more coachable, eager to learn, and respectful bunch in his 22 years of coaching. My grandson Trevor didn't bring home any special awards, but he was so proud just to be there with his "brothers" as he called them, Trevor had taken on some of the kicking duties of the team-which leads me to a brief explanation of the video clip-I'm afraid I didn't do a good job of recording it-but heres the jist- The kicking coach is explaining that Trevor, when the team practiced at Loftus Arena-Notre Dame, kept asking the head coach if he could try a field goal in there-the coach said"I dont think so". Then after Trevor kept working on him, he said-"I will give you one try-if you make it you ride home with us on the bus, if you miss, you walk"-Trevor agonized over this challenge all practice-then decided to try it-he kicked a 30 yard field goal and made it! He rode home on the bus next to the coach as promised!

Thanks for looking at my pics-I'm a sentimental old Illini- but this is what life is all about-Thanks-Al

http://s267.beta.pho...ner006.mp4.html

post-132-0-95761000-1354547174_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-01157300-1354547404_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-25299900-1354547442_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-79102800-1354547471_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-00498000-1354547500_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

For a minute I was expecting the Geico guys! :ychain: Congrats on a great season! :bow-blue: :thumbs: