Sign in to follow this  
Iggy68

Craigslist

Iggy68

I have been looking for a GT14 with a 3 point. Two finally show up on the local Craigslist. I have tried to get in touch with both sellers for over a week now. Neither has answered the dang phone. Why advertise if you aren't going to answer the phone?

rick

I feel your pain, I have been trying to get a response for a Troy-Bilt Horse, and a Workhorse. Neither party will answer. I have gotten good deals on Clist, so I haven't written the site off. Yet.

KC9KAS

Same problem on a couple of other forums that I frequent, including motorcycle items.

If you advertize something for sale, then answer the people that are interested in the item....Duh!

GlenPettit

Consider doing a "reverse Phone Lookup" with the White Pages,

sometimes a drive-by if they are close. 'Most common misspelled

item in the classifieds, one's own phone number'.

Good Luck, and stay on it.

They may have used their cell phone number in the ad, see if you can text

a message to them.

• Like 1

Trouty56

I don't put a lot of time into a CL listing....they place the add...me, along with a horde of other people and scammers answer it....and I wait to see if I get filtered out. I may try one more time then move on. Sometimes I get called back a couple weeks later. The itch usually wears off by then though......

ericj

i just got a call tonight from an ad on c/l that was posted 11/27, the messed up his cell #, so i couldn't call him, i emailed him twice and it payed of got a tall shoot snow blower for a fair price

Tankman

I imagine a lot of the items are no longer available. The lister doesn't remove the advertised sale, just ignores inquiries. Just impolite, awful. :-(

I just picked up a 48" plow, complete with frame, tranny hookup, angle lever, the works.

In like new condition and a great price too! :-)

Mounted on my last Craigs List pickup, '85 416-8. Has minor issues but runs great. :-)

Workin' on one "issue" at a time because I suffer from WHD (Wheel Horse Disease), a terminal ailment.