Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PREP

illinilefttackle

Hey Guys- It's getting exciting for the boys ( and the Old men too). Wednesday they practiced in the LUCAS OIL STADIUM-then returned home, regular at home practice today-THEN- they take Buses to THE LOFTUS CENTER @ NOTRE DAME to practice Friday-WOW. Then they leave on Royal Excurstons Buses at 7am Saturday for INDY. If anyone had doubts about this Team wanting this victory-they shouldn't now. I know one thing-Indianapolis Cathedral better be ready for a WAR. These kids don't quit-the 3rd & 4th quarters are Theirs.

This old Illini is getting butterflies-I think I have checked the oil, antifreeze, and tires on my car 3 times. -----AT 3:30 pm SATURDAY< EST> SAY SOME CHANTS FOR THE CAVEMEN!

See ya on the other side-Thanks-Al

post-132-0-42854800-1353621485_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-85355000-1353621503_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-63310300-1353621592_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

JimD

Best of luck to the Cavemen Al!! :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Good Luck this weekend...GO CAVEMEN :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

dclarke

Good luck Cavemen.... Go get 'em.

Kelly

Tear um up guys, but remember to enjoy the moment win or lose.

illinilefttackle

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;

The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;

But there is no joy in Mishawaka - The mighty Cavemen have struck out.

Of course this is not entirely true. The Cavemen came up short- they lost 59-24. They stayed even with Cathedral until the 3rd quarter-but they just had too much speed. They had the best athletes Indianapolis had to offer, because as a Catholic school, they can rcrute all over the city. No excuses- our guys give thier all. Really made them remember the name Mishawaka Cavemen. Our quarter back- won the Esqew award for Mental Attitude. All of our young men are better men because of the great experience- This stuff is tough on this old Illini- but my heart is FULL for what this State Championship quest, and the game of Football, have given my grandson Trevor to build his character on. Thanks for pulling for us- Al

Sorry about the font size-maybe Karl can fix it-Al

http://s267.beta.pho...dal026.mp4.html

post-132-0-08128400-1353855262_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Kelly

They should be proud, they made it that far, think of all the teams they left behind, the experience of going to the championship should be a good one win or lose.

illinilefttackle

Thanks Kelly-we went to McDonalds this morning-went inside-Trevor was swamped by well wishers-congratulations- I had him wear his medal and Team Sweats- PRICELESS!

Al

post-132-0-88835000-1353861783_thumb.jpg

stevasaurus

Congratulations you guys...like Kelly said...you left all the other teams behind. Al, I think you said your grandson was a Junior...do ya think he wants to do it again next year?? Very cool. :) :) :)

AMC RULES

Congratulations. :thumbs:

JimD

Congratulations to the Cavemen on a season they will never forget. To be in the State Championship game is an honor reserved for so few High School athletes. Trevor and Grandpa should be proud. :thumbs::) :thumbs:

illinilefttackle

Congratulations you guys...like Kelly said...you left all the other teams behind. Al, I think you said your grandson was a Junior...do ya think he wants to do it again next year?? Very cool. :) :) :)

Thanks Guys- and yes stevebo- he is don in the basement right now power lifting- chanting "next year" Al
  • Like 1