Sign in to follow this  
1maidenfan

collection complete, ( ya right) the ellusive D 180

1maidenfan

OK, this is slightly on the STRANGE side but had to share.

The other day a guy from georgia (state) emails me and ask's if I WANT a D180 ? I second guess replying to the guy but...well just had to.

So, I emailed the guy back and he said he acquired a D180 from a close friend of the family, was purchased new from that family so it was a one owner.

He stated that he started to restore the tractor but after a couple of years lost interest, tried to give it back to the family friend he received it from but no one was interested???

So, he said he searched the internet and found a post that I made on REDSQUARE that I needed a D180 to complete my D series collection.

The crazy thing is that he wanted NO money for it, ya FREEE!!!! All I had to do was pay for shipping.

A week later and multiple bids on USHIP , the tractor is now on its way to indiana as a matter of fact should be here Tuesday morning. The shipping cost was very cheap,$240 .

Ya, right, $240 for a D180. Woo Hoo!!!

I have a couple pix as I know...THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITH OUT PIX!

But once I get it home I will post my pix of it.

Thanks

post-4490-0-92224400-1353382064_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-75567400-1353382080_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-17246700-1353382094_thumb.jp

• Like 4

midnight rambler

nice score there, the wheels are worth the shipping on that.

whfan74

Nice score John..........but please turn those ags around! :)

JackC

Amazing.

Here is what you can look forward to when you get it running.

Beast on the run:

welderman85

That's awsome nice looking from the pics

That's awsome nice looking from the pics

Jake Kuhn

Nice score! :bow-blue:

Tankman

Complete collection? Ya right! Never happen.

Great machine, currently on my wish list too. Isn't the D-180 on everyone's

Christmas list?

If the Mrs. gives you any trouble, reconsign the shipment to PA!

Thanks in advance!

Ken B

Very nice!

Jeremy Watson

That's amazing...goes to show you how great this sit is and that there's still good people out there. I watch a show called shipping wars based off of uship be cool if your was on tv. Congratulations

Jeremy

• Like 1

krazy_horse

Great find! Not a lot of Wheel Horses in Georgia, I know for a fact.

Trouty56

Now how lucky is that???.....what a deal!!!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Another set of those dual stacks will look awesome on that one too. :)

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

I agree, John, nice score.

KC9KAS

Very nice....I hope the deal is as good as it sounds!

Let us know when you get it and show us what you have.

1maidenfan

OK, update on D180. I did receive the tractor today from uship and was a great transaction. So on to the D180...Have pix hope they explain some of what I will be talking about.

Starters, it does NOT run but was said to only need a carb clean, engine oil and fuel, will see?

Has had the start of a restore as evidence of the hood and dash area, nicely painted and all new decals. ( wonder if VINYL GUY had a hand in those?)

Also will need a battery. Will need clutch but back on and some other small items under the hood. The 3 point is all there but has no pto ( good thing I have an extra one) :)

The bar tires are some what in nice condition but did see some dry cracking on the side (will tube if needed) the tread is good. front tires look new but I dont much care for those tires and I have an extra set of front tires that will be installed. The front hubs have been changed over to trailer type hubs , which is nice but the fab work for the steering and tie rods is...well lets just say that will have to be redone!

The fuel tank has had repairs done to it, so will have to address that also. the seat is in great condition.

The mower deck will need some attention, looks like it has had some fab work done to it also but looks good. All the deck hardware needs to be installed to the deck and to the mower but all parts came with it. The mule drive is in great condition but will need a belt ( help on a correct size from our D family would be nice! Thx)

Ok , now for more pix.

P.S. all the lights have been replaced along with the wiring.

Also included was original manuals and some wheel horse stickers and receipts dated back to the early 80s.

It needs some work but for the cost of shipping I definatly could not beat the deal.

Enjoy and thx.

John

post-4490-0-53457300-1353459707_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-51576800-1353459723_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-06974200-1353459806_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-67518600-1353459820_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-22680400-1353459836_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-93226000-1353459851_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-41180100-1353459863_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-19168600-1353459874_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-38291200-1353459885_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-09327200-1353459898_thumb.jp

whc160

I know how I felt when my C-160 collection was complete. It felt great, but now I am wanting more. A 416-8 I think will be next.

• Like 1

coldone

I think you got a great deal on that 180. You have a great base for resto.

JackC

Should be a fun project getting it up and running. The big Ds are neat tractors.

855ownerJoel

WOW, need I say more......

Sparky

You done good! I see you didnt waste any time in swapping the rear tires around... :eusa-clap: .

Mike............

Wheel-N-It

That was a really good thing someone did! It IS good to know ther are people like that still out there. A couple of days ago I ran into someone I had given about 5 minutes of free professional advice to 10 years ago. This week he was upgrading his portable generator from a gasoline unit to a portable natural gas unit. He mentioned he had not forgot the good advice I had given him, and right then and there he gave me the gasoline generator. He bought it brand new (had rarely used it) and had all the paperwork with it. It is a 5000watt Coleman unit powered by a Briggs 9hp INTEK OHV engine. It looks almost brand new! I brought it home and ran it for about 2 hours today after changing the oil.

dbartlett1958

What goes around, comes around sooner or later.

RayV

You will not find any rust under that paint. Sandblasted.