Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

To anyone with a newer chrysler or dodge that wants remote start

truckin88

I just did this mod on my 2012 Ram, and it was plug and play with NO splicing or wiring. The guy I bought it from on evilbay preflashed and programmed it for my truck. Hit the lock button on the OEM key 3x's back she starts, cost me $90.00, way cheaper then the $280 I was going to shell out for a local audio shop to do it. It is all Directed Electronics stuff, so it is a reliable brand. Took me 10 minutes to install. Just figured there are a few dodge guys on here with the newer cars and trucks, might save you some money as remote starts are a popular christmas gift.

• Like 1

KATO

Awesome!!!

pm sent

VinsRJ

That is cool and a far distance from the original remote starters from back in the day.

JamesBe1

I've been wanting to add remote start to both mine and my wife's car for a while now. I just didn't want to overpay (I'm cheap), or go through the pain of lot's of rewiring and effort. This looks like just the ticket.

Looking around ebay, I see the price is even lower than what you posted. This is definitely worth doing.

Thanx for sharing this.

truckin88

I've been wanting to add remote start to both mine and my wife's car for a while now. I just didn't want to overpay (I'm cheap), or go through the pain of lot's of rewiring and effort. This looks like just the ticket.

Looking around ebay, I see the price is even lower than what you posted. This is definitely worth doing.

Thanx for sharing this.

make sure the price includes programming (flashing), and the plug and play harness, if it doesn't you will be splicing and buying the programmer. do some research to make sure you get what you need.

squonk

Good Luck. I'm sure improvements have been made over the years. But in my past 25 yrs in the auto business they cause more problems than they are worth.

JamesBe1

Thanx for sharing this.

make sure the price includes programming (flashing), and the plug and play harness, if it doesn't you will be splicing and buying the programmer. do some research to make sure you get what you need.

I'm not 100% sure that this will work. It seems that it is geared to work with an already installed aftermarket remote starter. If you don't already have one installed, then you will have to add that in addition. I think all this device does is allow you to use your OEM keyfob instead of having to carry around an additional remote. I have read some documents that state you have to disable an OEM remote if you have one. It's pretty vague and conflicting on several levels.

I'll probably hold off until I find someone that has successfully installed one on a Prius.

I have next to no hope that this would work on my 2010 Avenger w/o aftermarket remote start. :(

truckin88

Good Luck. I'm sure improvements have been made over the years. But in my past 25 yrs in the auto business they cause more problems than they are worth.

Not anymore, they are really really good....but technology has gotten better.

truckin88

Thanx for sharing this.

I'm not 100% sure that this will work. It seems that it is geared to work with an already installed aftermarket remote starter. If you don't already have one installed, then you will have to add that in addition. I think all this device does is allow you to use your OEM keyfob instead of having to carry around an additional remote. I have read some documents that state you have to disable an OEM remote if you have one. It's pretty vague and conflicting on several levels.

I'll probably hold off until I find someone that has successfully installed one on a Prius.

I have next to no hope that this would work on my 2010 Avenger w/o aftermarket remote start. :(

Actually this will work on the avenger. It will work on most chryslers 2007 and up. I have a 2012 ram, I do not have an aftermarket or OEM remote start. I installed this, just by watching the video. Since the chryslers use "tip to start", it is a 100% fully electronic ignition (they don't even have a real key they use the mercedes key). All this does is interpret the sequence of 3x hitting the lock button on the keyfob and starts the truck. It is not transmitting RF, the truck is. Also it will shut off after 10 minutes or if you hit the brake like every other remote start. The DBALL is used for security key bypassing, but it also has the capability to be a stand alone remote starter (not an after market alarm). It has to do with the programming and flashing of the unit. There are lots of youtube vids, watch them.

JamesBe1

Thanx for sharing this.

Actually this will work on the avenger. It will work on most chryslers 2007 and up. I have a 2012 ram, I do not have an aftermarket or OEM remote start. I installed this, just by watching the video. Since the chryslers use "tip to start", it is a 100% fully electronic ignition (they don't even have a real key they use the mercedes key). All this does is interpret the sequence of 3x hitting the lock button on the keyfob and starts the truck. It is not transmitting RF, the truck is. Also it will shut off after 10 minutes or if you hit the brake like every other remote start. The DBALL is used for security key bypassing, but it also has the capability to be a stand alone remote starter (not an after market alarm). It has to do with the programming and flashing of the unit. There are lots of youtube vids, watch them.

Wow truckin88, thanks for clearing that up for me. Much appreciated.

An interesting point to know is that 10 minutes is the max timeout for the runtime (I've done lots of reading on these). You can disable it when you flash it, but the default is on. I might go that way. The worst I can do is burn up a tank of gas in my driveway.

truckin88

it is worth the plug and play harness to avoid splicing, there are 2 different harnesses so you need to figure out which is right for you, and if you buy from a seller that will program and flash to unit to how you like it for your car.

JamesBe1

I finally got my DBALL with the harness. Now I gotta figure out how to get the connector off the the back of the key switch (2010 Dodge Avenger). I am used for Fords. I can get access to it, but it doesn't want to come off. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm sure there is probably a simple connector lock/tab, but I can't feel it anywhere (can't really see it).

Livewire_ts

JamesBe1, Did you get it to work? I've got a 2012 avenger I'm thinking of trying this but don't want to waste the $ if I still need to but a separate remote starter (viper..etc) this is a pretty old post but hopefully someone is still watching it. :unsure: