Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

Twinkies on craigslist

CasualObserver

With the news today that Hostess is closing have any of you looked at craigslist? There's a guy in one of the Minneapolis suburbs that's got 8 boxes of Twinkies listed for $200 cash!!!

I haven't had one in years and tried to just buy a little single serving pack tonight and they were sold out at the grocery store and the gas station

Sent from my Galaxy S iii with Tapatalk 2

Terry M

haven't had any of that stuff in years. But I'll miss seeing those apple pies... those were one of my favorites..

AMC RULES

Thankfully, all the sweet little CL treats I've been scoring lately have all been red...

and have a :wh: logo attached to 'em. :icecream:

• Like 1

nylyon

I have a box of each, Twinkies, Ring-Dings, Yodels, Apple Pie's, Suzie Q's, Cupcakes etc.... Shame to see them go away.

Kelly

We just got home from Walmart they had tons of them on the shelves, they were even on sale 2 boxes for $4 all brands of Hostess, maybe I should buy a bunch, the Twinkies will last 100 years, at least that is what I have heard.

AMC RULES

Twinkies and cockroaches they say, will survive the Armageddon. :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

Jim_M

I;ll bet money that some other company buys the recipes and the names of Hostess snacks.

AMC RULES

Wonder who's gonna pick up those striking Hostess workers? :scratchead:

Save Old Iron

Soooo simple to control these creatures. Too easy, really!

twfeeding.jpg

• Like 3

squonk

I hear the Ding Dongs and Snowballs have all been bought up by middle east countries to use as ammo!

squonk

Thankfully, all the sweet little CL treats I've been scoring lately have all been red...

and have a :wh: logo attached to 'em. :icecream:

You haven't been looking at CL near me. There hasn't been diddly beans for deals on Horses or anything else for that matter :banghead:

perry

look on ebay. twinkie box's have bidders and some up to $200 +

Coadster32

All good news for little debbie I suppose...(and the foreigners who will enter the market.)

jay in nc

my doctor asked if i ate a lot of sweets. i told her if any thing happened between me & my wife i was going to marry LITTLE DEBBY. she laughed so hard she had to leave the examanation room! sorry to see hostess go under JAY

MalMac

All I have to do is look at my waist and check out the love handles and I know the Twinkies have not left me. Have memories that seemed to be lasting a life time.

Amanda

All I have to do is look at my waist and check out the love handles and I know the Twinkies have not left me. Have memories that seemed to be lasting a life time.

:laughing-rofl: Thats funny.

People where literally fighting at walmart for twinkies, nothing else. People are crazy selling them on CL and Ebay for hundreds of dollars

rydogg

I was grocery shopping the day they announced they were shutting down and the shelves were full but I never thought people would pay such crazy prices for twinkies.....now I am wishin I would have bought a whole cart full at $2 per box.

Amanda

Oh thats funny to bad you didnt grab them you could be making $$$$ :scared-eek:

KC9KAS

And I remember buying Twinkies for 12 cents at the local cafe around 1969/70. Those days are long gone!

nylyon

I highly doubt that anyone's going to let the brand name go away, Twinkies will return. Besides, what would Stew Leonards do if they had to remove that attraction from the stores?

Terry M

My thoughts are the same, somebodys going to pick-up the hostess brand and maybe make items even better.(?) We'll see...

Amanda

Im not sure about that, this is not the first time they went bankrupt, someone will pick up the twinkies though haha

nylyon

Twinkie the Kid! Danbury, CT

KC9KAS

Hostess will end up selling the name and the trade secrets, but I doubt if the "new" products will be exactlly the same. They will have to cut something to turn a profit because it will cost millions for the name. :twocents-mytwocents: