c161rat

Why do I have to be a Cleveland Browns fan?????

squonk

DA BEARS!!!  O'Bradovich just called the Bores a " Bunch of Ja-Mokes!!!" classic :laughing-rolling:  :laughing-rolling:  Next weeks game comes down to Who want's it the least? 54-11 TBSS!!

imgres_zps70aef181.jpg

post-2380-0-49620900-1387792963_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

squonk

Bores better be careful. They get clobbered and they are all laughing like next week is in the bag. Maybe it is. Packers have no slot receiver and if he comes back, how rusty will he be. Same with Rodgers. On Defense, no Matthews and only 4 linebackers left and 2 stink and another just came off the street. Half of the special teams guys are gone. They only suited 48 guys against P-burg and maybe not that many this week.  At least Cutler is playing. That gives the Pack some chance.

JimD

Well, time to drag this thread out of mothballs again with pre-season upon us. The Browns are 0-1 already after losing to Detroit last week. But hey, we are finally quarterback rich with Hoyer  and J. Football. Will it still be another long season? Most likely I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong. :)

chazm

But hey Jim , at least Lebron has come home ..  :ychain:

JimD

If only he could dribble a football.. :eusa-think::popcorn:

RMCIII

WAY TO MUCH HYPE around these 2 in the city! If only the city would get as concerned about the condition of the city as it has about LeBron and J-Football! Or maybe they should invest some of that money back into the city. Now that is just crazy talk. Let's pay the players and not invest back into the community. I know Lebron has set up his old high school very nicely. I give him credit there. After 2 months of this crap, it is getting VERY OLD! They are not god, but the local media sure has done it's job, along with national news coverage, making them look like god. And now the Sprite commercial with Lebron, come on. As you can tell, this topic, is a very sore subject, with me. :snooty: I know everyone is entitled to their opinions. I do respect that, but come on, give it a break media!

Rob

• Like 1

JimD

I don't know Rob, all new sports venues, convention center, acquiring the RNC convention this year... seems that Cleveland is doing better than you think. And while I'm in agreement with you about the amount of hype two sports figures are garnering, big names in sports bring attendance at games, which brings capital to the city, and capital is what brings improvements. Granted, the most noticeable improvements will always be the downtown and waterfront areas. That's what makes the news because that's what gets ratings. A new sidewalk or repaving the streets in your neighborhood would likely be much appreciated by you and your neighbors, but the general public would never hear about it. A lot of good things have been happening in Cleveland and will probably continue to for some time to come. It's a city on the move. Can you imagine what a sports championship could do for Cleveland?

Ok, now back to the Browns and all our favorite teams to brag or complain about... :)

RMCIII

That is a can of worms - RNC - While the event will be great because of the exposure and additional tax dollars for the city to re-invest. The reality is, downtown Cleveland, needs to get a whole bunch of business to open up. Otherwise there will be a whole lot of banners draping over building, like they had, when RNC toured the city. Additional tax dollars are not what will improve the city overnight. Its jobs. I know you know this. The job market is terrible in Cleveland and now the clinic, with all its cut backs, is not helping the equation. I know this is a long way from what this thread started as, but that has much to do with it. So people will spend the money to see LeBron or J-football, which improve the owner’s pockets, but does little for the city. Cleveland schools are still among the worst in the nation. Don't get me wrong. I am a sports fanatic, but when I see so much needing done for a city that has been bleeding for years since their steel plant shut down, I think it's about time to see change in the leadership of this city.

The Medical Mart, when it first opened, was completely botched by the managing company. They did nothing about selling the facility before it opened. Generally you start selling a facility like that, when you are 2 years away from opening. Never did that happen. In addition to that, they also had the meeting room specs completely off. Why is that important? If I am a meeting planner who has a convention that has 5,000 people attending, and I only see a ballroom that is showing seating capacity of 2,000ppl, well I may as well look someplace else. The specs are finally correct, but that was damaging also. So now that is sitting open, or should I say, taking business from what already was in Cleveland hotels. While they may report some good numbers, but the reality is, it is not new revenue for the city, just revenue that is jumping from 1 facility to another. Now they do have a solid management company, SMG, in place. But it is going to take a couple years to see any real ROI.

How does that have anything to do with this thread you ask? Do I want to be a broken down city that has a couple big name stars and the people's money is going into owner's pockets and little is done to help improve the city because of the job market and school? Or, would I want to be in a city that has moderate named stars where the job market is successful, school are in at least the middle of the pack, and a place where downtown is not rundown?

I know it sounds like I am anti Cleveland, not the case.  Wherever I live for the time is home. This city has so much to offer, but is darkened by job market, housing market, schools, and now the medical cut backs, ect..... As I mentioned, the owners will get rich, off a poor city. Making it even worse unless jobs, good jobs, begin to flourish. It's just not a healthy economical mix right now in Cleveland. Sorry for all that. As you can tell, little passionate, about the city I live in. I'd much rather see jobs, housing, schools, ect the focus. Once that has the attention it needs/deserves, then I can get excited about who we are getting excited about with pro sports.

Stepping off my :angry-soapbox:  because this has gotten :offtopic:. Sorry. 

Rob

squonk

I was in Cleveland a couple of times. The first time I sat with the pigeons at the 'Mistake by the Lake" Watching a Redskins game. Food was excellent!  :thumbs: 2nd time I had to drive a 35 ft. motorhome from the Winnebago plant in Iowa back to NY. Hit the expressway right at 5:00 P.M.  :auto-swerve:

• Like 1

JimD

Damn, all I wanted to do is root for and complain about the Browns. What a buzzkill.

• Like 1

squonk

After watching last night's game, I sure wish the Vikings drafted Manziel  :scared-eek:  :jaw:

RMCIII

Did you see the "bird" fly away? I did. Amazing that the bird would even be presented, especially with all the negative publicity Cleveland has had. I say we should show Manzeil the "bird" and also the door! :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

squonk

That team is cursed!

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

SousaKerry

Looks like another typical lack luster start for the Brownies.  All hype in the beginning of the year and disappointment the rest.  Could be worse I could be a Lions fan.

Hey let's go on a road trip to Baltimore, the catch is no bathroom breaks until we get to our destination.  #flashmobartsgrave

Edited by SousaKerry