Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

GETTING READY FOR WINTER

stevasaurus

Now this is what I am talking about...Groundhogs Day 2 years ago. :bow-blue: Open up that garage door and look at a white wall. Fantastic. :)

2010_0205temp0001.jpg

Here is the snow removal crew...still ready from last year...

2010_1113snowblower0003.jpg

• Like 1

1maidenfan

Whatever we are going to have.........I am not ready yet. Not even close and haven't even had a chance to think about it. Looks like I need to get 4 or 5 tractors ready. A couple at my place, a couple at dad's and possibly one at my grandmothers. Wow.......I need to buy more tractors!!!!!!!!!

:text-yeahthat::party: more :wh:

6wheeler

My grandpa always said "If you got a hot spring and summer? You get a cold snowy winter, been like that since I was a kid. You kids don't even know what winter is. Look at them crows, see em' bunchin up? Snows comin' early. Cripes, look around ya' boy". Then he would swear at me in Czech. Never knew what he said but, I'd bet it wasn't good. Then he'd ask if I wanted to go fishing. I sure miss him some days.

• Like 2

squonk

I'm still waiting for leaf season. Maybe I can use the blower on leaves. Hmmmm.

DSCF1130.jpg

• Like 1

JimD

Well, it has been done Squonk...

and I bet you could do it too. I know Stevasaurus used his snow blade to push leaves to the street last year. He said it worked great. We all use our Horses for unorthodox tasks at times. You should get a video of blowing your leaves to show how well it does. :)

• Like 2

KC9KAS

According to folklore, you can predict the weather with a persimmon seed. Here's how to do it:

Cut open a persimmon seed. (Find persimmon fruit in your supermarket. It should be locally-grown to reflect your weather.)

Look at the shape of the kernel inside.

• If the kernel is spoon-shaped, lots of heavy, wet snow will fall. Spoon = shovel!
  • If it is fork-shaped, you can expect powdery, light snow and a mild winter.
  • If the kernel is knife-shaped, expect to be "cut" by icy, cutting winds.

It's best to use ripe seeds.

Last Saturday, a friend told me he cut open a persimmon seed and saw a SNOWBLOWER!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Last Saturday, a friend told me he cut open a persimmon seed and saw a SNOWBLOWER!

:ROTF: