Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

oh dear... this is going to take more than a quick patch...

meadowfield

Just finished cutting the lawn with my trusty Dizon ZTR, it has served me well for the last 17 years.

It's had the odd belt, new drive chains, a patch here and there in the deck, new springs, tensioner, headlights, engine transplant - by now you get the picture.

Just as I released the tensioner to stop the cutter, there was a huge bang and it felt like I had run over a tree stump! :angry-cussingblack:

worse than that!!!

Bradford-20120914-01318.jpg

looks like one of the horses is going to have to take over whilst I find the motivation to fix this. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

SousaKerry

Hory Cow... :scared-eek:

Cole

OUCH :banghead: is that black powder next to the spindle the belt?

Norlett

:confusion-helpsos: :confusion-helpsos: :confusion-helpsos: Yep looking at the damage.bet it finishes up at our house to be fixed.

Might cost him a pie or two and a pint of beer. :confusion-confused: :confusion-confused: :confusion-confused:

Sparky

Repairs done for beer!! Sign me up.

Mike............

meadowfield

beers on dad it is !!!! :ychain:

massey

OOF

neil

Ouch/

Norlett

:techie-hourglass: :techie-hourglass: you might have to wait while i have welded petrol tank.for you know who.

i have had that nearly two years.grass will be long by then.

looks like you will have to get those horses eating some grass. :confusion-confused: :confusion-confused:

meadowfield

OUCH :banghead: is that black powder next to the spindle the belt?

It is more likely soil as it was spinning at 3600rpm shortly before the deck gave way and the blade was run over.

:techie-hourglass: :techie-hourglass: you might have to wait while i have welded petrol tank.for you know who.

i have had that nearly two years.grass will be long by then.

looks like you will have to get those horses eating some grass. :confusion-confused: :confusion-confused:

it's already in the landy :ychain:

will be there in 30 mins, make sure breakfast is cooking!

Lars

:scared-eek: Holy sh¤%#"¤#" must have been good BANG there Mark..

Lane Ranger

Good thing no one got injured. Those blades on any mower can go flyinh if you hit or wear out something on the mower deck. They will sometimes cut thru the deck they are spinning so fast.

Your photo makes a good reminder to check all this every little bit before turning it on!

Don1977

That another reason to have Wheel Horses! Don't look that thing was put together very good.

meadowfield

That another reason to have Wheel Horses! Don't look that thing was put together very good.

I'd say for the construction and amount of metal - this gives my horse a run for it's money!

The issue is 34 years of rot... the whole of the upper deck has basically rotted away leaving not enough structural strength to support the bearing housing and tension that is put on it.