fireman

Here's what else I've been working on.

fireman

On our trip to Gettysburg a few weeks ago, I made a stop to pick this up. I had been watching this on Craig's List for a few weeks prior and hemmed and hawed about pulling the trigger on it. When we decided to go to Gettysburg, it was a no brainer as it was right on the way. Called the seller to see what his bottom line was on it and we struck a deal. He had it taken all apart for me when I arrived as I was towing the camper and space was at a premium. I sanded, primed and painted all the parts. Replaced all the hardware and rebuilt the winch. I added anti-slip strips to afford traction and not mess up the paint. The ramps adjust in and out to accommodate different width tractors etc. There is a safety that locks it in place once it's at the top and keeps the load off the winch. With my little mechanics rolling seat I can actually sit underneath and work from below if I need to. I also plan on leaving a tractor up there for storage. I'm contemplating adding some square plating and wheels underneath so it can be mobile. Wish the winch was 110 vac but for for now running it off a 12 vdc car battery will do.

101_1054.jpg

101_1055.jpg

101_1056.jpg

101_1057.jpg

• Like 4

JimD

Nice job on the redo Jeff, That will be a real handy item for your shop. I like the storage idea too. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

That is real nice Jeff. As we get older, it is nice to bring the work up to that level. :)

CRE1992

Thats awesome I need one of those. Sadly I don't think the power king would fit on it =[.

stevebo

Everything looks great except one thing... It is in YOUR shop and not mine-lol. Very nice and the shop looks tidy too!

AMC RULES

I wonder with 6-12's mounted, if the rear tires of that little Ranger would sit down on the deck plates?

Jake Kuhn

Thats very nice Jeff! That has to be great for working on the tractors! ~Jake

KC9KAS

Very nice! I also like the HF tire changer.....and the Coors Light!

Kelly

Looks good, I like not bending over to work on stuff, look at HF for a 110v winch.

wallfish

Looks good Jeff.

Do you like this style better than the old one you had?

fireman

Finished painting all the parts the other day. Figured since today was supposed to be so nice I would kill two birds with one stone. Gutted one half of the workshop, then assembled the lift where I wanted it. Moved one of the light fixtures so it is right above the lift. Then started throwing stuff out! I got rid of stuff I hadn't touched in years. Next started to put things back inside. Everything I wanted fits with room to spare. There are still some shelves to go through but that will be easy. The shop is so much more functional now. I had plumbed the shop for air with copper tubing but had to sever the connection and remove some of it when I put in the overhead gantry. With the cost of copper as high as it is now, I'm going a different route. I found a kit that uses flexible tubing, quick connects and enough outlets for 4 locations. It rated for up to 150 psi. I am going to replace what I have and put drops right at the lift, my sand blast cabinet, the milling machine, and the work bench.

Started at 10:00am this morning and just finished at 8:00pm tonight.

As far as some of the comments and questions:

CRE1992: I think the Power King would fit. The ramps are almost 7 feet long and the way this thing is built, I don't think the weight would be an issue.

Steve: You know how I am about my shop. I now have everything inside including the quad and have plenty of room to walk around and work.

amcrules00: I rolled the Ranger up there forgetting to adjust the ramps first. All I had to do was push the ramps in towards each other, which I did after I took the pictures, and the tires sit right where they are supposed to be.

Kelly: I will keep my eye out for one from HF when they are on sale. I am on their mailing list!

John: I definitely like this one better. Gives me full access to the underside of the tractor. Great for changing engine oil or tranny fluid. This one is solid as a rock when the tractor is up high. The old one would rock when you were working on a tractor up high.

bowtiebutler956

Thats Sweet! Congrats! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

SousaKerry

Who is the manufacturer of the lift??

fireman

Not sure who made it. There is no i.d. plate or any info on it. Doesn't look to be home made. If I were to guess I would think it's probably more than 20 years old. The winch is a Warn but don't know if it's the original one.

Coadster32

Nice lift. :handgestures-thumbupright: I worked on a tractor Sat., and my back is still bugging me. :*****:

Sparky

Sweet! An hour leaning over a tractor gives me major backache :banghead: .

Mike..........

grnlark

Very cool indeed!