Sign in to follow this  
Martin

photobucket problems

Martin

any one having problems getting there pics in photobucket albums to appear at the moment?

random pics in all my albums have a blue square with ? in it. this is using safari.....

if i try in ie it shows a small box with some small colored dots in it.

chrome isnt any different.....

and some pics when you click on them just are totally blank or say loading forever......

not just my albums, a couple members on here have sent me links to their pics ( in photobucket) and same thing with some of their pics in some albums.

any ideas? cleared browsers, restarted, etc etc,

anybody experiencing the same?

just tried on my phone, wifi and 3g the same, but even less pics in my account are viewable. the rest say 'moved or deleted'

wt_........

fireman

I'm having the same issues!

AMC RULES

I very rarely PB anymore because of all the problems with it.

Typically will lock up my PC if I leave a window open for an very long.

Zeek

I posted all these yesterday with PB

I used the IMG code. . . copied and pasted for each one.

The attachment option on the forum itself is much easier, but I could not get the pictures to be of the same quality.

Martin

i dont have any problems with posting to the forum, just some pics im looking at in my photobucket albums, and in other albums, rs members who have sent me links.

Martin

the other beef is the advertising on there sometimes screws with browsing and especially uploading.

Terry M

Yesterday I couldn't down load pics to the forum. also the choose files button in the lower left corner said "blocked". with some looking I found that the adobe flash player expired for apple and a new download from them was required.. after the download (free ) everything cleared and and I was able to download photos again. Not sure if thats the same problem you are having.

Terry

Jake Kuhn

My photobucket seems to be working fine, I'm using firefox. Jake

sscotsman

About 10 years ago I used imageshack..until I discovered they start randomly deleting your photos after about 6 months..

then I switched to photobucket..used them for a few years until I discovered they start randomly deleting your photos after about a year..

the old saying "you get what you pay for" applies very well when using these free photo hosts! ;)

pay nothing..get nothing..

I have a ton of personal/hobby webpages:

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/wheelhorse/Ariens-Wheelhorse.html

http://1stclass.myla...om/Scottychaos/

and I need a good reliable image host!

(my Ariens snowblower page alone kept using up, and going over the bandwidth limits on the "free" photobucket account!

which would then shut down ALL my photos for a month..)

finally I wised up..gotta pay to get good service.

so I did a bunch of research on hosts, and signed up for smugmug:

http://www.smugmug.com/

best $40 a year I have ever spent..

unlimited uploads, no bandwidth limits..no problems whatsoever in the 2 or 3 years I have now been using them..

If you want to sign up, use my email as a referral and save $5! ;)

scotlawrence at gmail dot com (spell it out correctly with the @ and .com of course)

Scot

Martin

flash player update fixed it ...

thanks terry.

apparently the safari version i have disables flash if a new version of flash is released and i dont update.....

all good now....

Terry M

Glad you got it fixed martin. new to apple/safari when I joined the forum and still trying to learn how to do stuff.

Terry (computer dummy)

Zeek

i dont have any problems with posting to the forum, just some pics im looking at in my photobucket albums, and in other albums, rs members who have sent me links.

Sorry, misunderstood.

stevasaurus

I was having the same problems...tried different browsers, etc. Glad this thread appeared. Downloaded the flash player and another update and things are working again. Terry...you da man...Thanks Without going into major explanations, could you tell me how you figured it out??? :bow-blue::) :)

Terry M

Steve, I was just poking around trying to see if it was the forum or the computer and really had no idea what I was looking for. :scratchead: while clicking through the listed downloads a box popped up saying that the flashplayer had expired and a new one is required. it offered the new download and I accepted. after the download/ update was complete everything was fixed. Just lucky I guess.

My wife said that that warning should have come up while I was attempting an up/download, but it didn't. so thats something she fixed so now I'll be advised when this happens again and a new download should be offered.( she's a little smarter at this than i am,,,,but don't tell her I said that) in all, I guess it was the computer that told me what to do but it took a while to find it. we swithced to apple from windows last fall and I'm still slowly learning. But the more I use apple the more I like it.

I hope that helps.?? :) I'm going to take some classes this winter so I let you know any info or pointers I learn .

312Hydro

Half of the first pictures my post are gone and they are still in my PB. I never moved them or placed them in another folder.