Sign in to follow this  
perry

ebays new format

perry

i dont know about you guys, but i dont care for ebay's new page format when viewing listing.

for those who dont know you can change back to the old layout. go to the bottom of the page you are viewing and choose to OPT out.

looks like this

......You are currently testing eBay's new search experience. If you prefer, you can opt out of the test.

BairleaFarm

ebay has gone to s**t so I could care less and try not to use them. Ive seen that layout and dont care for it either.

Teddy da Bear

I am with you Dave.

Had a huge problem with a seller. Life is too short for that kind of drama.

I just look for reference anymore.

Nick

So far I dont like the new search system either. I have not tried to sell anything yet but my bet is they made that harder again also. Still not sure how they came up with the idea to no longer allow a seller to leave feedback. B)

TT

You can't blame ebay for seller issues. They do their best to provide information to potential buyers by using the feedback system, but you have to look at it. I'm not sure about the new feedback changes, Nick - but I bet they end up changing it again before long. :whistle:

There can be a super-rare item on there for a dirt cheap price, but if the seller has a bad feedback history, I don't bid.

If you had a problem with one of the members here, you wouldn't blame it on the RedSquare website or one of the administrators, would you? B)

Naturally, the choice is yours - and that also means less competition to those of us who are bidding. B) The exposure ebay provides to things that you wouldn't normally be able to find anywhere else is remarkable! There has only been one or two times that I couldn't find an item or part I was looking for in the 8+ years I have been using ebay.

When was the last time you saw a rare NOS Wheel Horse or Kohler part at Pep Boys or Wal*Mart? B)

Jim_M

My biggest complaint is that a non paying bidder can lie and give me negative feedback, but I can't return the favor. A seller can no longer give negative feedback to a bad buyer.

How is that supposed to be fair? :wtf:

BairleaFarm

Thats true Jim ant its stupid I think.

I know TT thats why i always ask here before I go to ebay. The the problem. I hate it but continue to use it for the parts availability.

Curmudgeon

I had a seller give me negative feedback because I left him negative feedback for lack of delivery. I'm proud of my 100% positive and thought it quite unfair of him.

Took a while, but I got it removed. Can't say for the several others he did the same thing to the same day......

Jim_M

I have 100% again, but it took a while to get 3 negatives removed. One from a buyer who didn't pay and left me a negative after I turned him in for non payment, one from a joker who left me negative feedback within 60 seconds after the auction ended, and one from a seller that charged $10.00 shipping for something they stuffed in an envelope with 2 stamps on it. I complained and they left me a negative.

Electro12WH

E-bay just keeps fixing things that aren't broke. I get used to a certain format and they change it. I think they have people at e-bay with too much time on their hands.

perry

E-bay just keeps fixing things that aren't broke. I get used to a certain format and they change it. I think they have people at e-bay with too much time on their hands.

a women runs ebay. that should answer your questions on constant change ..... B)

Jim_M

a women runs ebay. that should answer your questions on constant change ..... B)

Now I understand!