Sign in to follow this  
Just Piddling

Yahoo

Just Piddling

Being a somewhat new WH owner, I just joined a couple of Yahoo groups to get as much information as possible. Is it just me or is Yahoo forums impossible to navigate? I am not bashing the group, just the layout. It makes this site the best by far B)

nylyon

Yahoo Groups are a message group. There are those who find the Yahoo format appealing. One of the reasons whchris started RedSquare was because of the format. For me, I prefer the format of a forum over a message group.

Just Piddling

Thanks, I always thought they were two different names for the same thing. Now I know. :imstupid:

BairleaFarm

Its hard to get used to the yahoo formats. Ive tried but still dont really like it.

Teddy da Bear

I was just the opposite.

I started out on yahoo.......then found this site.

Hated having to come here to read messages. But now this is good.

The only thing is. By the time I am done covering all the posts from top to bottom.......someone has something new posted....lol

Curmudgeon

I'm in both, and like Mike, I started on yahoo, and still am as many people are. It can't be simpler, every message is lined up, just click next for the next one. Here, they are all over the dang place!!!

Flip side, on yahoo you're stuck looking at every posting, whereas here, you can choose your threads and only read those that interest you the most.

I will say the type of forum Red Square is got a lot easier for me after tabs were added to browsers.

Different strokes for different folks!

linen beige

The only thing is. By the time I am done covering all the posts from top to bottom.......someone has something new posted....lol

I just got back from a week at the in-laws beach house. I had a couple of very breif chances to check the site while I was there and it's taking hours to go through all the traffic.