Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

The "Big Ten" with a diff. look II

JimD

Don't worry about giving the SEC our due...we earn it on the field. Whether it be Alabama or Georgia, the SEC will be playing for the National Title for the 7th straight year. Revel in your irrelevance!!!

I realize that this is the Big Ten thread, and it has come down to the day of THE GAME in the Big Ten, but, it has occurred to me that there are fans of other conferences enjoying this thread too. And I realize too that we have been kinda rude in not giving them their due. So here's a little something special for our friends to the South in the S.E.C. ~~~~

UglyAlabama.jpg

:thumbs::thumbs2::ROTF::thumbs2::thumbs:

Wow, you sound just like someone else I know. Twins separated at birth maybe? :dunno::confusion-confused::text-goodpost: :ychain:

Edited by JimD

evanloock

Don't worry about giving the SEC our due...we earn it on the field. Whether it be Alabama or Georgia, the SEC will be playing for the National Title for the 7th straight year. Revel in your irrelevance!!!

I realize that this is the Big Ten thread, and it has come down to the day of THE GAME in the Big Ten, but, it has occurred to me that there are fans of other conferences enjoying this thread too. And I realize too that we have been kinda rude in not giving them their due. So here's a little something special for our friends to the South in the S.E.C. ~~~

UglyAlabama.jpg

:thumbs::thumbs2::ROTF::thumbs2::thumbs:

Wow, you sound just like someone else I know. Twins separated at birth maybe? :dunno::confusion-confused::text-goodpost::ychain:

Not hardly.

bk-scouter

Guys, we need to settle down here, this post has taken a bad turn...again.

-BK

JimD

I agree BK, it's time to close this one. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Wisconsin in the final.

Edited by JimD

stevasaurus

I had a bad taste in my mouth about the way this thread ended, so I gave it a few days and then I went back and read this thread from start to finish. It really was a fun thread this year...all the way through it. I guess we had to know that, with the passionate fans that participated, the thread would take a turn south when an undefeated Ohio st. was going to meet Michigan. (the Biggest Rivalry in College Football). Heck, it over shadowed the Illinois vs Northwestern game by a ton this year. :) Anyway, I just wanted to say that I had a good time this season, and look forward to doing again next year. It does make the season interesting.

On a lighter note...as bad as I was picking games this year, I did notice that in October, I did predict a Wisconsin vs Nebraska Championship game...with Wisconsin winning and going to the Rose Bowl. :woohoo: So...I guess I win all the marbles... :) :) Congratulations to Wisconsin...and I pick them to beat Stanford on Jan. 1, 2013. :bow-blue: and since Bob took his spread sheet and went home...we will never know who won all the weekly picks. :ychain::banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: :banana-guitar:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

JimD

Due to that guy up north deleting some of his posts again this year, I went with the last known pick count posted by Steve on 11/18/12 which was:

John...71

BK.....70

Jim...69

Joe...68

Steve..59 :bow-blue:

Duke...55

Scott...54

Adding in the picks from the last week and the Championship Game for those who picked it, the final standings are follows to the best of my knowledge:

Brrly1..................76 :music-rockout:

JimD....................75

BKScouter...........74

Joebob................74

Stevasaurus........65

Horsefixer............55

Whfan74.............54

evanloocke...........1 :ychain:

Without the Championship game I would have 74 and Steve would have 64.

Now, how about that Bowl Game thread Steve? :dance:

stevasaurus

I'll start that next week when we know who is playing. :)

Edited by stevasaurus