Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

The "Big Ten" with a diff. look II

Brrly1

Well, it looks like it's that time again! Everyone that I know that enjoys a good hard hitting game of football are getting excited about this year's season. First off it will be a totally different season for the Penn State. R.I.P. Joe Pa as for the first time he won't be with us on the sidelines but will be watching from above in the skybox and will be sadly missed. Now we come to the exciting season that the Big Ten is known for. Big Ten is know for its hard hitting rock em' sock em' football where any team can come out on top. I as always am a dedicated Hawkeye fan. Duke and Scott are fans are fans of the Blue along with several others. Jim and C-series14 are dedicated O.S.U. fans along with several others. Then Stevasaurus and Illinilefttackle (Big Al) of course love the "Fighting Illini". Shuboxlover of course loves the Cornhuskers from Nebraska, you guys come to our house this year in Iowa City. As I know that there are several more fans that have there favorite teams I just can't remember who likes which team. So lets get the ball rollin' and have at it. Name your favorite college team and lets see who ends up where in the final standings. I'll let one of the other gents that we know set up the weekly picks. One week and counting for the kickoff to the 2012 season. Go Hawkeyes!!!!

JimD

Thanks for getting it started John. I've been looking forward to this season along with you and everyone else. The Buckeyes have a new coach in Urban Meyer this year and I hope it does as much for them as Brady Hoke did For Michigan last year. A good coach knows how to get the best from his players. We are still trying to recover from the tattoo disaster but I think how we play football on the field is the real issue this year and in the future. Go Bucks!

HorseFixer

Well guys it will be an interesting season. Jim I feel ya, Michigan had itself demolished and reducecd to rubble in 3 years by D*ck Rodrigus sorry....... My Granddaughter knows more about football than he does. :ychain: Sure Id rather see a WIN every week but to me? (its that it was a well played coached game)!!! Dont leave anything out there. :thumbs2: If my team does that then I am happy, the rest is iceing on the cake. :) It will be interesting to see If Urban can turn it around, He is indeed a good coach the last time we played his team with Tim Teebow at the controls in his heisman year in the Florida Citrus Bowl Jan 2008 it was a good game Michigan was the underdogs and won that game 41-35.

Next Saturday Night will be a real test for Michigan I am not expecting a Win at all I just expect a Well Played Coached Game and I think I will see that.

Good Luck to all! :beer:

~Duke "GO BLUE"

CasualObserver

Good luck to all this year. I've pinned this topic to the top. At the end of the season we'll release it and let it fall with discussions. I may not participate... but I am a fan. Go Illini!

imagesqtbnANd9GcSCOL_bdpG4hAW7jkJBE.jpg

SousaKerry

Go Buckeyes.....new coach, new hope.. now if we could just get our schedule to play some decent teams. I can't stand that every year they start out playing every fluff team in the state. Atleast UofM is playin Bama right outa the gate

whfan74

Should be a very interesting season to say the least. It always amazes me the amount of influence these 18-23 year olds have over our mood week in and week out. There are just so many unknowns coming in to this year, but the hype is where it always is as usual.

Of course this upcoming weekend will be interesting for all of us Michigan fans. Much anticipated but too many unknowns. I can't say that I feel that we are at that level yet, not saying we will lose but we will have to put it all together at the beginning of the season to send a message. I am really looking forward to seeing what kind of improvement that "Shoelace" has made under Brady and his all star class coaching staff.

Good luck to all of you and your teams this year. Let the ribbin be fun.....that is what makes these rivalries stay strong right????

illinilefttackle

Of Course- you all know who I'm pulling for! My grandson found this in one of my old scrap books!

Untitled-1.jpg

GO ILLINI!-Thanks-Al

• Like 1

bk-scouter

Very cool Al :handgestures-thumbup:

-BK

stevasaurus

First...thanks Jason for pinning this topic. Very cool. Now down to business. What is with all this good luck and well wishes stuff??? Extremely NAUSEATING!!! I hope you all fall flat on your faces, and the Illini win the National Championship. :ychain: :ychain: :) :) :) Of course, I would like to see all of the Pre-Conference games won by the Big Ten. :bow-blue: I have to be honest here...the whole Big Ten is not playing any Sallys this first week...all good teams. HERE WE GO

Here is the whole schedule::

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/2012fbchart.pdf

stevasaurus

Hey guys...not sure if anybody wants to try to pick all the games on a week to week schedule, but if anyone throws in their picks I will keep track of them this year.

Here are the games and my picks...

Iowa vs Northern Ill....NIU

Mich vs Alabama...Alabama

Mich St. vs Boise St....Mich St.

Minn at UNLV...Minn

Nebraska at So. Miss...Neb

Northwestern at Syracuse...Syracuse

Illinois vs Western Michigan...Illinois

Indiana vs Indiana St....Indiana

Ohio St. vs Miami (Ohio)...Ohio St.

Penn St. vs Ohio...Penn St.

Purdue vs Eastern Kentucky...Purdue

Wisconsin vs Northern Iowa...Wisconsin

all I ask is that you type it so I can make it simple. After the first 4 weeks (kind of) it is conference play, but there is some things that do not fit...better to get in at the start.. :)

Just so you all know...I would love to see Michigan kick Alabama's butt, but every time I try to type that, I get a major cramp in my typing fingers. :)

So here it is...;goose luch Missigen.

JimD

Here's a wild stab in the dark. I went with the red darts for the first week.

dartthrower.gif

:ROTF:

Iowa vs Northern Ill.... Iowa

Mich vs Alabama... Alabama

Mich St. vs Boise St.... Mich St.

Minn at UNLV... Minn

Nebraska at So. Miss... Neb

Northwestern at Syracuse... Syracuse

Illinois vs Western Michigan... Illinois

Indiana vs Indiana St.... Indiana

Ohio St. vs Miami (Ohio)... Ohio St.

Penn St. vs Ohio.... Ohio

Purdue vs Eastern Kentucky... Purdue

Wisconsin vs Northern Iowa... Wisconsin

bk-scouter

All right, I'm getting in this time...

Iowa vs Northern Ill....Iowa

Mich vs Alabama...Alabama (trust me, it hurts but I hope I'm wrong on this one)

Mich St. vs Boise St....Boise St.

Minn at UNLV...Minn.

Northwestern at Syracuse...Syracuse

Illinois vs Western Michigan...WMU (never underestimate the Broncos)

Penn St. vs Ohio...Ohio

-BK

Brrly1

Iowa vs Northern Ill....Iowa

Mich vs Alabama...Alabama

Mich St. vs Boise St....MichState

Minn at UNLV...Minn.

Northwestern at Syracuse...Northwestern

Illinois vs Western Michigan...Fighting Illini

Penn St. vs Ohio...Penn State

Hey Steve, what do you have you want to lose?

stevasaurus

I think I would love to lose my virginity John. :orcs-cheers: I really think that Iowa will win this game, but

Soldier Field may be one heck of a Home Crowd advantage and they did win the MAC and their bowl game last year. I just can not go against them. Wish we would have to been able to go to this game, we would have had a riot. :) :)

JimD

I think I would love to lose my virginity John. :orcs-cheers: I really think that Iowa will win this game, but

Soldier Field may be one heck of a Home Crowd advantage and they did win the MAC and their bowl game last year. I just can not go against them. Wish we would have to been able to go to this game, we would have had a riot. :) :)

If you told me you wanted to lose your virginity I wouldn't go to the game with you either. :naughty: :ROTF:

• Like 1

whfan74

If you told me you wanted to lose your virginity I wouldn't go to the game with you either. :naughty::ROTF:

Oh now that is funny!

whfan74

Iowa vs Northern Ill....Northern Illinois

Mich vs Alabama...Michigan

Mich St. vs Boise St....Boise State

Minn at UNLV...Minn.

Nebraska at So. Miss...So. Miss

Northwestern at Syracuse...Northwestern

Illinois vs Western Michigan...Fighting Illini

Penn St. vs Ohio...Penn State

Picked a few upsets for the first one......no offense to anyone, just think it won't be as cut and dry as everyone thinks. We shall see!

HorseFixer

Well heres mine.

Iowa vs Northern Ill............. Iowa

Mich vs Alabama.................. Alabama

Mich St. vs Boise St.............. Boise

Minn at UNLV........................ Minn

Nebraska at So. Miss............ So Miss

Northwestern at Syracuse..... Northwestern

Illinois vs Western Michigan...Western Mi

Indiana vs Indiana St............. Indiana

Ohio St. vs Miami (Ohio)....... Ohio St.

Penn St. vs Ohio................... Penn St.

Purdue vs Eastern Kenty.......Purdue

Wisconsin vs Northern Iowa....Wisconsin

JimD

Come on guys, there has to be more than six of us that are picking the games. Get your picks in before game time folks. We need more playa's. :mrgreen: :popcorn:

Brrly1

Squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak

evanloock

Different look....same outcome....ROLL TIDE!

1maidenfan

So why is no one picking the NOTRE DAME game :confusion-confused:

Little late now but...GO FIGHTN IRISH.

Trouty56

This is a Big Ten thread........

stevasaurus

The Big Ten went 10 wins and 2 losses in it's first week. Not bad, except that the Big Tens highest rated team got their butts kicked. Not sure what that says about the strength of the conference. Any way JimD and Brrly1 won the picks with only 1 lose apiece...congratulations. :) :)

results...

JimD and Brrly1 11 and 1

Steve and BK 9 and 3

Duke 8 and 4

Scott 7 and 5

Anyone can still get in as we will do this on a weekly basis, but I will keep an overall for those that go start to finish. :)

Hey John...how's your heart after that NIU vs Iowa game? :bow-blue: :)

HorseFixer

Congradulations Alabama one hell of a game! I will make a prediction that they are this years National Champions. Michigan has alot of work to do :crying-yellow: Okay here are this weeks picks let me know if this looks right I will update weekly.Congradulations Big Jim & John on this weeks TOP picks! :thumbs:

Cheers :beer: ~Duke

week1-1.jpg