Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

The "Big Ten" with a diff. look II

stevasaurus

Uh Oh...The Tide went out. Maybe Michigan will get another shot at them in a bowl game. :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

evanloock

Michigan doesn't want anymore of the Tide! Not enough games left in the season for us to lose to drop that FAR in the polls to set up a rematch.

nylyon

This has been a fun thread, but I've removed a few questionable posts. Please keep things civil, we have a feature which may be handy to use.

• Like 1

Brrly1

Alrighty then, did you guys get Duke fired up about Michigan losing to Iowa again this week? What did I miss? Oh ,Ok, you got the kid from Florida fired up about the wanna be champions Alabama losing to the Aggie's of Texas A&M? I guess it doesn't much matter as Saban's teams will lose ( thats already been done, Iowa beat both him and Urban Meyer from the almighty sec (Bah Humbug)). Duke ol' buddy I am a die hard Hawkeye fan win or lose they will always be my team. What was up with you taking Alabama over Michigan the first game of the year?

As much as you toot the Michigan horn (which if I had a team like Michigan or Ohio State I would be doing the same) you took a different team other than you own? Iowa has a vey tough road ahead by playing at the "Big" house this weekend followed by Nebraska the following weekend which is actually going to be really bad to watch. No matter what I will always be a Die -Hard Iowa Hawkeye!!! Go Hawkeyes!!!

evanloock

John we'll see how our respective teams finish out the year. History has shown it is extremely hard to repeat as National Champions. The last teams to do so were Nebraska in the mid-90's and Bama in 78-79. This is a rebuilding year for us after losing so many players on defense to the NFL. The Tide fought back from a 20 point 1st quarter deficit. I am proud of the fact they didn't panic/fold and clawed their way back into the game. Oh by the way I'm from Alabama born and raised.

Brrly1

Yes sir, I admire and also respect that for sure. As everyone already knows born and raised a Hawkeye. I remember listening to the radio with Jim Zabel at the helm. WHO-TV and radio out of Des Moines, Ia. There were several times you could hear that station down in Texas,even as far east as Ohio.One of the broadcasts I remember was back when Ed Podalak was the QB. a vey long time ago. I was out back talking with my neighbor about the games this weekend (He's also A michigan fan) and started talking about the tide and he just makes one statement that team can go five deep, and even going down to the fifth person, he would be a starter on any Big Ten team. I just want to understand why this is this way? That's my question for today.

HorseFixer

As much as you toot the Michigan horn (which if I had a team like Michigan or Ohio State I would be doing the same) you took a different team other than you own? Iowa has a vey tough road ahead by playing at the "Big" house this weekend followed by Nebraska the following weekend which is actually going to be really bad to watch. No matter what I will always be a Die -Hard Iowa Hawkeye!!! Go Hawkeyes!!!

John, I had to get my medication adjusted :thumbs: Other things have come along and transpired and reminded me why I hate the Tide so much! :eusa-whistle: Dont worry that wont happen again! As far as the Hawkeyes go........ good luck this weekend :) A Hawkeye is one of a Wolverines most favorite foods, but have been known to give us da chits so we wash em down with some crushed buckeYe juice! :hilarious:

~Duke

• Like 1

evanloock

John I wouldn't say we are THAT deep, however the SEC has an easier time recruiting 4 and 5 star athletes as the hotbed for talent is in the South; particularly in Florida and Texas.

stevasaurus

Correct me if I am wrong, (I'm sure you guys can't wait to do that). but I think I remember back in 1972 and 1973 or maybe 1973 and 1974 that Alabama and Notre Dame went at it two years in a row on Near Years Eve. If memory serves, the Irish won both of those games...is it possible that we will see another one of those games this year?? :) :)

• Like 1

evanloock

Perhaps.....if ND doesn't move up ahead of K-State in the BCS and Bama beats Georgia in the SEC Championship game.

Brrly1

That would be a game worth seeing!!!

• Like 1

Brrly1

Duke, it sounds like your feelin' better!! Good Deal!! Go Hawkeyes!!!

• Like 2

evanloock

That it would....but Georgia is much improved and they are going to be tough to beat.....I believe Bama will prevail, but the game is in Atlanta so it will be pretty much a home field for UGA. I was hoping for a Bama-ND BCS Championship game....that would be one for the ages!!!

• Like 1

JimD

John, I had to get my medication adjusted :thumbs: Other things have come along and transpired and reminded me why I hate the Tide so much! :eusa-whistle: Dont worry that wont happen again! As far as the Hawkeyes go........ good luck this weekend :) A Hawkeye is one of a Wolverines most favorite foods, but have been known to give us da chits so we wash em down with some crushed buckeYe juice! :hilarious:

~Duke

Well shoot, I forgot to enter my pumpkin in the carving contest, but I guess I can show it here....

BuckeyePumpkin.jpg

You'll be getting your Buckeye juice through an I.V. this year to restart your heart after the thumping the Chitterines are gonna get.

:hilarious:

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

We havin fun yet? :ychain:

• Like 3

HorseFixer

Duke, it sounds like your feelin' better!! Good Deal!! Go Hawkeyes!!!

Yes John I am! :handgestures-thumbupright: I pushed Karl's Magic Button, and now can only see Relevant Big 10 discussion from my Brotheren of the Big 10. Besides I can trust any one of

you to have my back same as I have yours. :teasing-wedgie: Yep the ND game would be one to see I agree. :thumbs:

~Duke

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Sounds like Duke is in a TIME OUT!!!! :ROTF: :ROTF: I can't even type what I want to say... :) Maybe Karl is a closet Ohio St. fan??? :ychain:

• Like 2

JimD

Sounds like Duke is in a TIME OUT!!!! :ROTF: :ROTF: I can't even type what I want to say... :) Maybe Karl is a closet Ohio St. fan??? :ychain:

Looks like a time out from here...

Dukeingradeschool.jpg

:ROTF: :ROTF:

• Like 2

nylyon

No one has a time out.

JimD

No one has a time out.

We meant self-imposed time out Karl, just ribbin Bob. :)

bk-scouter

Poor Duke.

Brrly1

NOW this is where the fun begins!!! In this corner we have Jumpin Jimmi' for Ohio State and in the other corner we have No buddy no more statistics than me the ever luving Dukester from Niles (Michigan fan). Wait a minute this match isn't until next week. Sorry guys your going to have to wait a week. Nah, what the heck, Have at boys let the games begin!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I'm having way too much fun again. :) Here are the games for Week #12

IOWA AT MICHIGAN (MICH)

NORTHWESTERN AT MICHIGAN ST. (NORTHWESTERN)

MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA (NEBRASKA)

PURDUE AT ILLINOIS (SADLY PURDUE)

INDIANA AT PENN ST. (PENN ST.)

OHIO ST. AT WISCONSIN (HOME TEAM WISCONSIN)

Brrly1

Steve, your just as bad as Duke!!! I thought Illinois was your team? Once a fan always a Fan! I mean the Hawkeyes don'' really stand a chance over the next two games and if they don't win both there will be no Bowlin' this year. What the heck? I am going to take Iowa in both games when I know there no chance in Kaos that will happen.

IOWA AT MICHIGAN (IOWA)

NORTHWESTERN AT MICHIGAN ST. (NORTHWESTERN)

MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA (NEBRASKA)

PURDUE AT ILLINOIS (SADLY PURDUE)

INDIANA AT PENN ST. (PENN ST.)

OHIO ST. AT WISCONSIN (OHIO STATE)

stevasaurus

Don't forget John...I had the great pleasure of watching Iowa lose to Northwestern. :) I am just trying to get back on track after shaking hands with Scott...not easy. :bow-blue: It really hurts to not go with the Illini, but they really suck this year. My heart is with them and I hope I lose the pick. My heart is also with Ohio St. having an undefeated season, but Wisconsin needs to win this game to verify their place in the Rose Bowl. Wisconsin is the best "eligible" team in the conference. :) Michigan is still OVER RATED and LUCKY...you can dance as many Bananas as you want, but sooner or later, their LUCK will run out and they will slip on the banana peel. :happy-jumpeveryone:

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO STEVASAURUS

Brrly1

I hope that happens this week, the dancing bananas take a break!!!! Sorry Duke + B.K.