TJ

What Are You Listening To?

tom2p

or this one 

if they really misbehave force them to watch both   lol

• Excellent 2

tunahead72

My son turned me on to The SteelDrivers recently, one of Chris Stapleton's early bands before he became so very well known, and that's what I'm listening to these days.  This band has more of a bluegrass feel than his more recent work, and although I'm not generally a bluegrass fan, this stuff is more edgy/bluesy, and I love it!

Here's some of my favorites from their first two albums:

• Like 1

formariz

The Tuul Crib

Hippie Radio! 94.5 Nashville Online!!

WHX??

So I installed some led lights in my shop and they drive any radio crazy. My only alternative to shop tunes at the present is the music channels on Direct TV. Now I usually a classic rock dude by nature but lately I been hooked on Honky Tonk stuff... I have no clue why! Lots of drinkin whiskey songs that for sure. George Jones, Toby Keith, Hank Sr & Jr. just to name a few. Of course one of my favs is Willie... 

• Haha 2

The Tuul Crib
7 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

So I installed some led lights in my shop and they drive any radio crazy. My only alternative to shop tunes at the present is the music channels on Direct TV. Now I usually a classic rock dude by nature but lately I been hooked on Honky Tonk stuff... I have no clue why! Lots of drinkin whiskey songs that for sure. George Jones, Toby Keith, Hank Sr & Jr. just to name a few. Of course one of my favs is Willie... 

Nothing wrong with that ! I live in honky

tonk Capital! But there's something that confuses me how would LED lights affect the radio?:blink: Is it the whiskey maybe?

little red riding horse

just discovered these guys...wow …. youtube 

phil

Edited by little red riding horse
  • Heart 1

JCM

@WHX24    Classic rock myself until I was introduced to my Ex father in law, turned me on to that country and was into that for years, favorite song by Willie is Whiskey River probably for a couple of reasons. Still enjoy classic rock and a lot of blues, it's all good.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??

@JCM I think I am either:

A Trying to broaden my music horizons or

B Trying to piss off my wife (some more) … she hates country :D

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1

JCM

So didn't my ex , and it was her fathers fault, gotta love that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JCM

My Father in law and I were pretty tight and always remained friends even after all the BS, after all he had 4 daughters and I spent a lot of time in Western Maine in a small hunting camp with 2 other guys, I learned a lot from those MEN who were all Veterans, 1 Marine 2 Air force and me a Plumber, looks like I was bottom of the barrel. Wish I could tell some stories but sure wouldn't be appropriate on here, Good times for sure.

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, JCM said:

My Father in law and I were pretty tight and always remained friends even after all the BS, after all he had 4 daughters and I spent a lot of time in Western Maine in a small hunting camp with 2 other guys, I learned a lot from those MEN who were all Veterans, 1 Marine 2 Air force and me a Plumber, looks like I was bottom of the barrel. Wish I could tell some stories but sure wouldn't be appropriate on here, Good times for sure.

Sounds like the makings of another meet and greet...

• Like 1

MikMacMike
5 hours ago, JCM said:

JCM whom ever said a plumber is the bottom of the barrel??? Electricans and tons of ther trades never design on the run when given a job, Plumbers have to day in and day out. All they ever give is the centers on where the fixture is going, residential, commercial, or industrial. And if a wire or duct or wall is in the way! Far too often the plumber has the last say. I admit I dont get to do much plumbing these days as much as I do Pipe fitting....steam, air, exhaust, hydrolic, did you know that plumber isnt as old as stone mason but is definately older then most other trades....I even got asked to go to the middle east through the military. Dont get me wrong all trades are important and if the trade plumber was never invented or developed then there would never be any large cities towns and doctors would probably be so busy trying to stop epidemics just like the ones that happened 1500 1000 years ago.....before the romans there were plumbers building aquaducts etc etc, mind you I am not sure at that age they were called plumbers LOL. The plumber trade is one of the most dynamic, and covers far more then just about any trade out there even though in recent past some of the plumbing trade has broken off into other specialized trades like steam, air, hydrolics, fiber optics, gas fitting, chemical plant piping, Labs, you name it. Plumbers fight a war each and every day keeping the public safe, never mind the toxins we deal with, by doing proper and one of the most regulated trades. A plumber is never at the bottom of the barrel unless that barrel is leaking then we are the 1st to be there. I so laugh when I hear the NIK Dumber Plumber.....why should we care....were paid amungs the highest rates in the industry, I love the fact we can make our own over time( I rarely work for time n a half.......double bubble or theres trouble heheheheh.) Our trade has just as many stories, as any other business out there. " Rescuing and saving foreiners in a cloud of H2S, Saving a huge man falling from over head straight for a pile of shared metal, pulling a heart attack victim off a running steam boiler, pushing an aprentice out of harms way when a 6"x6"x8' beam fell from 21 stories up, but most of all fighting a battle every single day when the corperations and investors want the job dun yesterday all the while knowing that there very own job is supposed to kill a sertain number of men......Ill stop there, a PLUMBER is well respected always bruther.

• Excellent 1

WHX??

So with all my honky tonkin as of late this guy is heard a lot too... not complaining...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JCM

Seen Chuck live, he has that Bow shred to pieces in no time.  Thanks

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Pretty sure I've posted this guy's stuff in the past. Pretty talented.

• Like 2

JCM

Thanks for that Eric. After almost 30 years I still struggle with a single neck let alone a twin neck guitar. Some nights I'd like to grab that thing by the neck and shove it in the woodstove. But, like WheelHorses they are quite addictive and seem to multiply in the same manner, oh well, keep practicing I guess.

• Excellent 1

tunahead72

This seems appropriate somehow...

• Haha 1

little red riding horse

Definitely in my top 5 bands.... some stunning scenery in the vid  how do you just post the youtube  screen lol    link 

Phil

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, little red riding horse said:

how do you just post the youtube  screen

On my phone I click share and copy.

526400215_Screenshot_20200111-0743552.png.3e17f4c0f7780fbc50a8c2bed4de0269.png

1685055995_Screenshot_20200111-0744052.png.53c231d295134b1c74df55a1e1b4fe13.png

Then paste to this screen.

On a PC I'd double click to highlight the web address.

Copy.

Paste here.

Result:

Clickable video...

little red riding horse

Good man ! not easy being a dinosaur lol :rolleyes: 

phil

• Like 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, little red riding horse said:

Good man ! not easy being a dinosaur lol :rolleyes: 

phil

No worries Phil.

I'm right there with you...

I like being a dinosaur...

little red riding horse

testing testing… here is a local band , singer is from my village.. its a song he wrote about his brother (my sons best friend) who died tomb stoning in a place called The falls of Foyers just above Loch Ness , tragic loss of such a wonderful young man aged just 18 …. 

• Thanks 1

Digger 66

It will be a lot of Rush for the next few days Rest in peace Mr. Peart

Feeling pretty sick to my stomach :sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

tom2p

*great* version of God Save the Queen 

Edited by tom2p
  • Haha 1