Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

what was your first concert?

BairleaFarm

Sadly enough mine was Whitney Houston. I still like her old stuff. This should be interesting reading with the age difference with our members.

nylyon

Not sure I want to admit this for a TON of reasons.... Ok what the heck, but I'll ban all who make fun of me.... Seals & Croft..... There I said it, now have your fun....

Jim_M

Aerosmith. AC/DC was the opening act, back when Angus Young was still alive.

TT

7th grade band..... :whistle:

I TRIED to play the baritone horn. (I could make more noise come out of it than any of the other kids that tried, so I got the job. B) )

You didn't specify watched or participated in, Davd. B)

BairleaFarm

B) watched

I heard ac/dc is coming out with another album.

Sparky

My folks took me to a John Denver concert when I was about 11 years old so I guess that was my first official concert. The first concert I choose to go to when I was old enough to go out on my own was ZZ-Top.

mike..............

Rollerman

I heard ac/dc is coming out with another album.

Black Ice....heard that on the radio today also...should make Nick happy.

First concert....seems like it was Frampton or maybe it was Rush.... B)

Speaking of :whistle: ...anybody see Rush interviewed on the "spellin" Cobare Report on Comedy Central?

hoosier

Styx. Indiana State Fair. My second and last was Alabama in Chicago. Long time ago. I don't like crowds. B) In fact, if I walk into my living room and there are more than three people on the TV screen I have to leave. Just kidding,--------but true. Not. B) :whistle:

perry

my first concert was either frank zappa or joe cocker , they where in the same month so i dont quit remember witch one was first. B)

i may have been doing a little too much B)... and.... :whistle:

illinilefttackle

:whistle: Ok Guys! Brush away the cobb webs- "The Supremes" at Assembly Hall University Of Illinois, with "Jimmy Ruffin" (What ever happens to the Broken-hearted) as warmup act. I guess that dates me HUH?-AL B)

refracman

Lets see if i can get this right

1979 the old cleveland staduim. Monsters of rock tour, Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath Thin Lizzie,and 3 other bands.

Saw a guy get shot the nite befor the show, saw a guy fall from the upper deck and hmmm dont remember much of the concert for some resone B):whistle:B)B)

That was my first cause my dad wouldn't let go to one before I turned 18.

Nick

Never been to a real indoor concert so I guess my first of few would be the 1975-1978 Ottawa music festival.. Bill Monroe headliner.. B)B) I really dont do crowds. B)

TT, Whats the odds, I tried to play the Baritone also. 7th and 8th grade band. Played notes but that was about as far as I got. If that counts then I guess that would also be my first concert. :whistle:

TT

TT, Whats the odds, I tried to play the Baritone also. 7th and 8th grade band. Played notes but that was about as far as I got. :whistle:

I did an awful lot of "faking", Nick. Every so often I'd actually play something - and on rare occasion it was the right note at the right time. B)B)B)

Seriously though.... I believe my first "real" concert might have been Alan Jackson at the PSU Bryce Jordan Center in State College, PA. B)

Brrly1

Hey TT I'll give you one guess at what I ended up playing all the way thru high school even got my picture in the Des Moines Register. As far as the concerts went I believe one of the first ones was either ZZ Top, REO Speedwagon or Styx. I mean it was about 36 or 37 years ago and time has its ways. One thing I do remember was also seeing Led Zepplen within 3 months of my first one and less than a year later I seen the Rolling Stones in Kansas City in 74'. Yes those were the days for sure. Well in cause you haven't guessed the instrument it was the Tuba or bass and yes I was damn good at it, took high school honors in the Big State of Iowa. I played in the concert, jazz and marchings bands.This is my story and I am sticking to it. See Ya Burly

B):whistle: B)

KyBlue

We got a bunch of old rockers... LMAO

I think my first concert was Confederate Railroad - somewhere around here Ive got a autographed CD from the band... of course my tastes have gone...askew since that time ...

Brrly1

4Star Just watch, How you say OLD. I am sure one day you will be there also. So Becareful. Have a Great Day Burly

linen beige

I grew up in a wet county in the center of Ky. that was surrounded by dry counties. Lots of liqour stores and a few nightclubs. An hours drive from Louisville and Lexington. One of the clubs was owned by the mayor..."lax" police presence B)

My dad was friends with a fellow who ran a service station next door to the mayor's club and a few doors away from the "country" club. We would find ourselves there a lot of saturday afternoons when that night's bands would be doing sound checks, with the doors open. Some of the bands/performers I recall hearing practice, Black Oak Arkansas, Stepenwolf, Charlie Daniels, CCR, Three Dog Night, Kenny Rodgers and the First Edition, Waylon Jennings, Exile (A guy I went to school with became their manager.), and a lot of others I'm sure I'll think of later. It was not at all unusual on the same weekend to have CCR, Kenny Rodgers and The First Edition and Ike and Tina Turner doing their respective versions of "Proud Mary" at the same time on different stages in the same small town. Who can name the town? The names of the clubs?

During the late '60s/ early '70s my mom's youngest brother and sister were weekly performers at a country music venue in nearby Hodgenville, Ky. They always had a big name act each week. I can recall being backstage with Loretta Lynn, Bill Monroe (remember him holding me on his knee), Roy Acuff (remember him standing behind me with is hands on my shoulders), George Jones and Tammy Wynette, Lynn Anderson, Bill Anderson, Little Jimmy Dickens, Stringbean, Grandpa Jones, The Osborne Brothers, Vickie Kidd (actually got to spend some sunday afternoons with her, CUTE CUTE CUTE, Wonder where she is now?), Chet Atkins (he played for us backstage and tried to teach me some chords using his guitar!), Vasser Clements, Jim and Jessie, Ray Price, and so many other country and bluegrass greats. That was when I was way too young to really appreciate just who all these folks were.

Maybe that's why my musical interests are so varied? I've been trying to learn the five string banjo for over 20 years now, but can still just barely pick more than my nose. (It's odd that my uncle insists the greatest banjo player ever, Earl Scruggs, was back stage with us one night, yet I don't recall meeting him.) But I'm glad my wife played the flute in middle school, and the French horn in high school :whistle:

MaineDad

My first was The Joe Perry Project in 1979. He just left Aerosmith to start his own band. Two years later her rejoined Aerosmith B)