Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

Stump Removal!

CRE1992

Well I live in an old farm house that my grandfather built in the 40's and 50's (additions). There are many oak trees around the house. I am 20 years old and as far as I can remember this stump has been there longer than I have been alive. It was cut sometime in the 80's. Well I cut the stump in half a couple of weeks ago because it was about 6 feet tall. Well I finally got tired of mowing and weed wacking around it so I decided it was time for it to go. So after work today I started at 4:10 in the afternoon. And after digging around the stump with a shovel and using my handy Estwing Axe I severed the roots. I decided to bring the Powerking out to play. See pictures below!

Dirt Removal and Root Severing!

ed3c74c5.jpg

d1cc4da2.jpg

Sizing up the competition (The stump looks smaller than it really is):

815fdf9e.jpg

Hooked up:

62a24cb1.jpg

Pulled it out no problem didn't even spin the tires. Score: Power King 1 Stump 0

beec0871.jpg

138cf20f.jpg

b4354be7.jpg

Well traction was not a problem until I hit the sand and the rooster tail started flying! Score: Power King 1 Stump 1

39bc9fe8.jpg

So I had to bring out one of the bigger boys:

0bc07473.jpg

The hole:

fc5bd9d6.jpg

Finished at 5:55PM

8b6fe450.jpg

rwilson

:angry-nono: Didnt even use the Horse??

CRE1992

She is out of commission at the moment. Waiting on a seal for the PTO cone to come in.

312Hydro

That stump looks a lot bigger hanging from the FEL !

Ken B

Nice job Charles. The Power King / Economy's are no doubt serious workers. I used my 1958 Economy for 3 solid days clearing my back lot with the bucket loader on it. That thing with its old worn out 9hp Briggs really amazed me! If the bucket couldn't lift the boulders I was moving I just rammed them the hell outta the way and over the bank. It took a lickin and kept right on tickin.

rexman72

thats alot better then using a stump grinder

Jake Kuhn

Looks good,have aabout 6 that I need to get yanked out someday. Jake

Coadster32

Nice work in a short period. Great tools for the job as well. :handgestures-thumbupright:

4xfourfun

Awesome, I thought I was the only one having stump fun this year! Too bad I had just cut down the tree so it wasn't very rotten and gave me a run for my money. After it was ground out I ended up with two truck loads of nasty mulch and two small trailer loads of huge roots.

post-3434-0-76531400-1342155015_thumb.jp

post-3434-0-51586600-1342155024_thumb.jp

post-3434-0-43796700-1342155035_thumb.jp

post-3434-0-73179000-1342155045_thumb.jp

post-3434-0-54848200-1342155061_thumb.jp

can whlvr

ive remover many stumps,i had a sugar maple that took 4 hours with a full size backhoe,so yours went pretty good

CRE1992

ive remover many stumps,i had a sugar maple that took 4 hours with a full size backhoe,so yours went pretty good

We have a full size backhoe but my uncle said it would never come out with the hoe, so I said fine ill do it by hand. I cut about 6-8 solid petrified roots that were over a foot thick with an axe. Sometimes using man power instead of machines prevails... Unless you have a D9 Dozer lol.

CRE1992

Awesome, I thought I was the only one having stump fun this year! Too bad I had just cut down the tree so it wasn't very rotten and gave me a run for my money. After it was ground out I ended up with two truck loads of nasty mulch and two small trailer loads of huge roots.

I guess not! And the stump was not rotted in anyway, it was petrified! The roots were like rocks. 6-8 of them were over a foot thick. I like using an axe, gives you a good workout, and its easier to sharpen than a chainsaw afterward lol.

varosd

I guess not! And the stump was not rotted in anyway, it was petrified! The roots were like rocks. 6-8 of them were over a foot thick. I like using an axe, gives you a good workout, and its easier to sharpen than a chainsaw afterward lol.

Dang Charles! 20 yrs old and you have all the toys!!!! :rolleyes:

I do have a couple trees to drop and stumps pulled if you ever get over to Central PA again! :D

HarrisJoe

I also have oak tree stump in my garden, two times i have called stump grinding experts to remove it but my grandmother always refuses to remove it.

bc.gold
27 minutes ago, HarrisJoe said:

I also have oak tree stump in my garden, two times i have called stump grinding experts to remove it but my grandmother always refuses to remove it.

More than one way to skin a cat.

The silent stump remover. your grandmother will be thrilled having edible mushrooms growing on her garden stump.

spawn.png

Edited by bcgold