Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Short video of a winning burn out lastnight

Kelly

I won the burn out contest at the local fair, 2 years in a row now, the burn out is about 30sec. I had the car in second gear at about 7000rpm another 20 sec. and the tires would have went bang, they are pretty smooth now, turn up the sound I think 400+ hp is like music, my son Ryan shot this video.

Next year I need a gas mask, I could hardly breath and could not see, but I got a nice trophy and $150

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/553c2S8qjE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 2

JBow

WoW ! That was sweet. What you running for a motor in that old car ?

VinsRJ

Looked like fun!

Ken B

That is wicked Kelly. It looks exactly like something I would do. Oh wait, I have!

You are no doubt having way too much fun!

Kelly

Engine is a 350 .30 over 4 bolt main, rods ground and polished, all ARP bolts or studs in the motor, 11 to 1 compression ratio, heads ported and polished, 2.02 intake valves and 1.80 exh. both stainless, double valve springs, roller tip rockers, lumpy cam don't remember the specs right off but about 520 lift and around 300 duration, cam is retarded 3 deg to help low end, edelbrock RPM intake, Holley 500 cfm 2 bbl carb, but it is heavily modified to flow about 700 cfm, MSD ign. KN filter, full length headers I think 1 5/8 tube, and hours of tuning, trans is a turbo 350 with a few goodies, rear end has a mini spool, so the axles are locked as one, right now it has 3.08 gears, oh and it drinks 110 octane race gas.

Sparky

Damn! That looks like fun! That motor sounds sweet, never missed a beat at 7000 rpms did it.

Mike............

smoreau

Sounds sweet Kelly! looked cool too.

bowtiebutler956

Very nicely done Kelly !! :woohoo::text-datsphatyo:

Matt :flags-texas:

312Hydro

Awesome! :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-swerve:

Zeek

Nice!!! Love that! :auto-layrubber:

Jake Kuhn

Looks like fun. :wicked:

rydogg

Brings back memories of doing burnouts in my friends dads garage with the doors shut and trying to find our way out through the smoke cloud, once outside we would watch the smoke roll out of the garage...neighbors thought it was on fire :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, you made that win look easy Kelly.

Cool video Ryan, thanks for posting. :thumbs:

perry

car sounds great .....sweet burnout :)

Coadster32

:bow-blue: awesome!!!

Horse'n Around

Wow Kelly the sound of that engine is music to my ears, and I could almost smell the burning rubber!!!!

Kelly

Me and Ryan were out by the trailer tonight, and he stuck his head in the wheel well and says Dad the rubber is THICK in here, and it still smells like when you burned them off, and we could still smell the sweet smell of the race fuel, if he is like me and most other people 20-30 years from now he will remember that night by a smell of rubber or race fuel, I remember things when I was a kid by smells.

• Like 1

Lars

congratz kelly..nice bournout..