Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

My new commuter suv- 95 Blazer

stevebo

I have to thank Uncle Bo and another buddy of mine for making this deal possible. I just got back from a week at the Jersey Shore with the family. As usual I was surfing craigslist on my ipad and found a listing for a 95 blazer. It was posted around midnight and I was the first to respond (around 5am) asking him for his correct phone number since the one he posted had one too many numbers...He called me up and after taking to him I told him I would basically take it. I explained that I was not in town however I was going to have someone come down that morning and check it over and either leave a deposit or pay in full. Well I was able to count on uncle bo to be the one to check it out and leave the deposit. Since it was a Sunday and not everyone has cash on them to pay I arranged to have a friend of mine pick up uncle bo on monday and pay the man and get it out of there.

I came home from vacation a day early, picked up the blazer on my way home then proceeded to detail it and here it is. It has 138k on it and was driven by a female since 1996 until now. Has leather interior, power everything and overall a clean suv. I bought it for what I would consider a very good buy ($1500). I will be at DMW in the morning to get it registered. Thanks again uncle bo !!

070612192039.jpg070612191849.jpg

070612191908.jpg070612192003.jpg

CRE1992

Looks like a pretty good deal Steve! Does it have a 4.3L? My mom had an S10 and it was a pain the rear to change the plugs in it! Congrats on the new buy!

And its red (sort of burgundy?) to boot too!

-Charles

Sparky

Hmmm.....so your new commuter has a trailer hitch I see.....wonder what else it'll be doing beside commuting you around :eusa-whistle: ?

Nice lookin ride Steve!

Mike.............

stevebo

Mike- that was a bonus...

@Charles it has the 4.3 in it. I believe in 92ish they stopped using the smaller 2.6. This is the 4th S10 blazer I have owned. I had both motors and the 2.6 is a total dog.

TT

This is the 4th S10 blazer I have owned.

How many ball joint replacements? :ychain:

• Like 1

Wheel Crazy

Great looking truck! Those 4.3's run good! :woohoo:

Kelly

Sharp truck, I'd love to find that deal for my Daughter to drive, and what TT said Ball joints and idler arms, my neighbor has a 97 and buys good parts and still replaces those parts every other year.

varosd

looks great Steve! it does look like WH Red sort of. I agree, with the trailer hitch being a added bonus . looks like a good "pick up" ride.........a good Wheel Horse pick up ride! :D

canam1991

HUMMM I own a 94 S10 with 2.2 5 speed with 143,000 and a 95 s10 blazer 4.3 with 167,000 that i plow with in the winter both still have original ball joints tie rods and idler arm but these are greased and check for looseness every oil change at 3000 miles and yes the 4.3l driver side #3 cylinder plug is a butt to change because the steering shaft runs right beside it. I always change them threw the wheel well much easier

Stevebo- very nice blazer wish they were that clean here

COMMANDO1

I will give u some advise, be sure to look at the oil cooling lines(front of motor 2 black lies about 3/4 inch diameter) blazers are notorious for blowing these lines. once they go it will dump all of your oil in 10 seconds. if they are dripping at all, even very very little change them............trust me on this!

truckin88

Nice deal, I have had S-10's and Sonomas, if the 4wd stops working get a rebuilt encoder motor, they are known for going. 4.3 is a great motor, and I think you mean 2.8 not 2.6, 2.5 was the Iron Duke 4cyl in the S series back in the 80's.

very clean....where do you commute to...though you work from home?