Sign in to follow this  
KC9KAS

Canada Trip

KC9KAS

My wife & I left Southern Indiana on Sunday July 1st for a motorcycle vacation. Her on the trike, me on the 2 wheeler with the trailer.

We rode through Kentucky, Ohio, crossed into W. Virginia for a short time, Pennsylvania, New York, and now we are at Niagria Falls Canada.

We plan to ride around Lake Erie, back to the USA through Detroit and to Ft. Wayne Indiana for the Annual, National Gold Wing Road Riders Association "Wing Ding".

I was just wondering how many Red Square members I have driven past on this trip and didn't even know it!

I have been keeping my eye out for Wheel Horses, but haven't seen many so far.

We have been traveling state and US highways so I figured with all the small towns and burgs we have gone through I would have seen a few WH's

Oh, well, I'm done bragging about our M/C trip for the time being....

AMC RULES

Had I known ahead of time you guys were coming, I would have parked a few of my :wh: 's out by the street for you.

:flags-waveusa: Enjoy the rest of your trip, try to be safe out there. :flags-waveusa:

Sparky

Sounds like a great trip! I'm totally jelous!

Mike...........

can whlvr

sounds fun and welcome to canada eh :canada:

312Hydro

If you were on I-70 E to I-79 N ,you went by me. :auto-checkeredflag: Have a great trip! :auto-sportbike: :auto-sportbike:

KC9KAS

Back in Detroit for the night....HOT today...100 degrees!

We out rode most of the rain going South on Canada 3, but when we got to Detroit, it came down in buckets!

can whlvr

im about 3 hours north of lake erie,we havnt had any rain in weeks here

Callen

Did you use the tunnel or bridge?

Coadster32

Sounds like an adventure to remember. Be safe.

KC9KAS

Did you use the tunnel or bridge?

Had to use the bridge. They do not allow motorcycles or RV's in the tunnel....Didn't want to cause a scene!

Man is it ever a mess going through the boarder....2 to 3 lanes of traffic going to 6 toll type booths, then 2 lanes coming back out, PLUS having to pay a toll to get into Canada, then charging me to get back to the USA.

The border patrol guy asks all kind of questions...Who, what, why, when...do you have any money....I said "Hell No, I left it in Niagara Falls"!

Most of the things to do in Niagara aren't worth what they charge, but the Maid of the Mist....the boats that take you into the mist of the Canadian Falls is worth the $20 per person!

In Ft. Wayne now for the Wing Ding!

can whlvr

the rapids high speed boat ride is good too

KC9KAS

Back home after 1660 miles and 100 plus degree days!

I'm glad we went, and I'm glad we are home!

c161rat

I did a trip of a lifetime last year on my Harley......Cleveland Ohio to Key West Florida.......1550 miles one way......3 days down 3 days back.......Butt still sore a year later...LOL

• Like 1

Buckshot 1

:) Glad you had a safe trip. If I would have known you was going to be in the Fort, I would have put mine out buy the street. How did you like the Wing Ding? Some one mention that they were about 8000 wings at the Show. I know when I was in the trucking business getting in and out of Canada was a royal pain ih the azz, but that was many moons ago. :flags-usa:

KC9KAS

I think the 8000 number came from the newspaper. I'm sure someone somewhere has a little better count of how many were there. The newspaper also had a $$ amount that would be spent ...I don't remember the numbers, but it was more than I could imagine!

When we got to the "Fort", we met up with 15 other club members from the "White River Wings" club based in Washington IN. There were at least 2 other couples from our club there that were vendors, so we had about 20 people there....probably 8-10 bikes/trikes just from our club.