Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

A little trip to NYC

nylyon

My wife is a huge fan of Damon Albarn, and last night in a single US appearance Damon played in NYC with an international group of artists. The show was called "Damon Albarn's Honest John Review", and I have to admit I really enjoyed the format. After the show we met Damon and my wife was estatic to get her picture with him and his autograph.

She is a member of several forums, and was to meet up with her forum friends at the concert. We did meet several of them, and quite frankly I was completely dissapointed. With the exception of 1 individual (James who was a great guy), no one seemed excited to meet each other. All the time I kept thinking of all the gatherings which happen here, and how time seems to get lost.

Just goes to show you, there is a great group here, thank you all for making this place special B)

Curmudgeon

WHO is Damon Albarn? With a name like AlBARN you'd think he would be into Wheel Horses.....

nylyon

He's not as known here but he's been in the band Blur and Gorillaz and is a decent artist. The UK guys would probably know of him better.

TT

Maybe their "common interest" isn't as important to them, Karl? B)

Did you notice we're only 7 away from having 500 obsessed -- oops, I mean dedicated WH collectors/fans on the official member roster?

I also like the 20% daily visitation average we seem to maintain here. You don't see that at too many other forums / groups. :whistle:

Curmudgeon

B) Blur? :whistle:

You know I never got very far out of the '60's don't you? B)

Curmudgeon

dedicated WH collectors/fans on the official member roster?

I also like the 20% daily visitation average we seem to maintain here. You don't see that at too many other forums / groups. :whistle:

But TT, they don't have DRIVEL!!!!! B)

TT

Good point, Dale.

No drivel is dull. B)

Teddy da Bear

Just goes to show you, there is a great group here, thank you all for making this place special
I know what you are saying Karl.

And I will repeat myself from another post. At the meeting here in Michigan.

Never have I felt so comfortable around strangers before. Shoot I do not get that feeling when I am with my wife's family.

Curmudgeon

Well if we're gonna go and get sappy about it...... :whistle: At this point, I really don't miss the wrench turning part yet, but I find myself here more and more. Lot of great guys, most of whom I've never met, (maybe that's why they put up with me) that don't seem to mind my shenanigans.

I really wish I could have made the meet and greet, that was an event to not be missed. Somehow I get the feeling it'll be just like the Pennsylvania show, I missed the first one, but...................

B)

Nick

I didnt know who Damon Albarn was but being a bit eclectic or maybe just strange I often listen to a Gorillaz CD when working in the garage. Got to like a song called "Fire coming out of the monkeys head". B)

Also did I mention the Gorillaz is virtual band or a cartoon. :whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf7xe509DQ4

Curmudgeon

Can you say...........

PHALLIC SYMBOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!