Sign in to follow this  
Jake Kuhn

Anyone know what chrome plating costs?

Jake Kuhn

Hey guys,I have been working on restoring my lawn ranger and don't know where and how much it would to get a couple of parts re chromed. The 4'' hubcaps I have for it are scratched and could use it redone,the rears are fine. I also would like to redo the lift lever because it is rusty. Let me know if you have an idea on what it costs and where it can be done. Thanks Jake

AMC RULES

Prices are cheaper by volume, I know that.

They will hammer you for just plating a couple of small parts.

Maybe do the whole tractor Jake...that would be different. :teasing-poke:

Jeremy Watson

There is a place in Holland MI. I think it's on 17th. As for cost I have no idea, I've only driven by it. Good luck!

Jeremy

buckrancher

besure to be sitting down when you get a quote

Kelly

I took a dash panel and a hood ornament to a local chrome shop, now I already stripped all the old plating off, sanded and prepped the metal so it looked like chrome, because chrome is only as good as the part being chromed, I figured I saved money doing that work, well they quoted me $120 to do the 2 parts and had a 6 week wait time, I passed.

Shuboxlover

Call this place (Sioux Plating) http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Sioux.Plating.Co.Inc.402-494-2477

I used them when I redid the bumpers on my 56 Chevy....they did a FANTASTIC job and the price was VERY reasonable!!!! ~$600

Robert McCracken

Check with the local Harley Dealers and Customizers. Bikers tend to have lots of Chrome work done. Many local dealers will combine orders with their own. It is worth checking out. Good Luck!

• Like 1

Coadster32

There's a newer process that sprays chrome on like paint. Jay Leno did a story on it. Very nice. Price.....They say it's cheaper than the typical chrome process but the equipment isn't cheap.

Jake Kuhn

Thanks Guys may have to check into a harley dealer then. Jake

specialwheelhorse

Used to know a shop that done bicycle parts somewhere around Sidney Onio

that was fairly resonable. Believe me thay are not ripping you off, there are so many regulations

Etc., licencing and whatnot controled by you know who, I don't see how many stay in

business. Especialy the shops that flash a bit of copper on before the chrome as this makes

a much more durable job. But the last I knew there were only a certain number of shops around

the country licenced to do this. Disposal of waste that is extremely toxic is a problem.

Hard chrome is somewhat thicker but not nearly as showy and shiny even tho it is much more

abrasion resistant , widely used on food processing equipment.

jdog_kustoms

jake i have 4 nos front 4 inch hub caps id sell you a pair

DoctorHfuhruhurr

There's a newer process that sprays chrome on like paint. Jay Leno did a story on it. Very nice. Price.....They say it's cheaper than the typical chrome process but the equipment isn't cheap.

That is a really impressive process.

http://chromesolutions.de/

http://www.jaylenosg...-chrome/1232328

This is the cheap method without sprayers but it seems to work just as well.

AMC RULES

Powder coaters can replicate the look of chrome now too. :dunno:

Jake Kuhn

have any idea what it would cost for just a little amount of that chrome powder. I have a buddy that would probably do it for me if I bought the powder. Thanks Jake

AMC RULES

:dunno: Probably just need to give 'em a call Jake.

Tell 'em the :rs: sent you. :thumbs: