Sign in to follow this  
Curmudgeon

Model Railroad

Curmudgeon

Yeah, I got some stuff I really should put on epay. Telescope with accessories, n-scale railroad stuff.... but can't seem to build up the energy to dig it all out, take pictures, get it posted......

combatmp29r

B) Well Dale if it was HO we could talk but N is just a little too small

Curmudgeon

Figures.... That's probably going to be my problem, but I had little space, so set up a little scale.

linen beige

n-scale railroad stuff....

Anything made by Kato or Micro trains (used to be Kadee)?. I have a 8' 6'' X 15' 9'' room in the basement earmarked for N scale. I'm hoping to put in several hundred feet of track. The wife is curently looking for a better position that would probably mean moving, but has promised me a train room, AND a 'Horse barn! B)

Curmudgeon

Anything made by Kato or Micro trains (used to be Kadee)?. I have a 8' 6'' X 15' 9'' room in the basement earmarked for N scale. I'm hoping to put in several hundred feet of track. The wife is curently looking for a better position that would probably mean moving, but has promised me a train room, AND a 'Horse barn! B)

You KNOW it was the bottom tub in the back stack....

Appears to be Model Power? Various Atlas track sections, Atlas and LifeLike structures and such. Most of the track, switches, etc. didn't come with me as they are mounted on a 4'x8' sheet of plywood. Might still be at the house though. Depends if ex tossed yet or not.

linen beige

You KNOW it was the bottom tub in the back stack....

Appears to be Model Power? Various Atlas track sections, Atlas and LifeLike structures and such. Might still be at the house though. Depends if ex tossed yet or not.

Those are sort of the MTDs of the model train world, so I'll have to pass.

I got REAL lucky when the first wife and I split. She showed the railroad in the garage to her new guy and told him that if she even thought he touched it SHE would cut off his head! I have to thank her for letting me leave it there for several months before i got it moved.

kpinnc

My ex tried to do the same with me....

About MY head, and MY stuff! B)

Showing up with two police officers changed her mind... :whistle:

Kevin

KyBlue

Jim ... Ill help you move if you wanna come help me! haha

Im going in a little bit to look at a place Just north of Gtown ... 19 Acres, tobacco Barn, 3 bdrm house ... IM just spending money like crazy!!

I love my Model Railroad... Like Said before if it was HO... There are ALOT of people who do N Scale thou. I probably should have, but Dads stuff was all HO so thats what I stuck with, so when I wanna rember my dad...I can roll out some of his stuff.

Curmudgeon

Ok, here's the deal. I don't have a lot of stuff with me, and it's nothing special, so not worth much. I seriously doubt I'll EVER have another railroad set up. I'm not going to store this stuff any more.

There are some engines, couple of cars, some buildings, scenery, don't know what all. So we're gonna call it a grab bag of N-scale stuff.

If anybody wants it, it's yours for the price of shipping, whatever that turns out to be. Like I said, grab bag, nothing is for certain, not even the shipping cost until it's sent.

Emails find me best. thirdroc17@yahoo.com

Kelly

Dale sent you a E-mail

nylyon

The story goes.... My grandfather was friends with someone at Lionel, president or something. In any event, every year for Christmas and my dad's birthday, he would get a Lionel train piece, sometimes a prototype. This is all O-gauge, but I got lots. Remote crane's, coal scoops, beautiful locomotives and cars, working draw bridge.....

Haven't used any of it since his passing, but it is almost time to get the set together for my kids....

KyBlue

I wouldnt. If you want to share the Railroad experience with your youngins, get a new set.

While nothing would ever intentionally happen to the older lionel stuff, but if something DID happen ... Not only would you be tore up, the value would be severly diminished.

The Choices on the market today are amazing, from Z scale all the way up to the Live Steam stuff... Now if you start collecting Live steam... I'll have to consider moving to the NY State!! Haha

nylyon

I'm not concerned about the value of something I would never sell. They are useless sitting in boxes, much more fun to play with!

KyBlue

Your a bigger man than me. Ive got some old lionel stuff, and some older HO stuff that I keep stashed away... Maybe tonite Ill grab some pics of my current HO setup...