Sign in to follow this  
DuchApl

My first restore ever - of anything. 1975 C-100

DuchApl

Sweet!! Very nice job!! :thumbs:

I have a 1975 C-100 that I purchased as a parts tractor. It was all there except the engine needed rebuilt. I decided to get her up and running. When I get time this summer I'm going to start the restoration on it.

Seriously, let me know if you need anything. I think I'm going to rebuild the tranny on the donor, and I 've got a few body parts.

hm12460

So go ahead and get the second one when you can. Tell the wife it's for her.

Anglo Traction

Duch, If that result is your first attempt, then you've taken to this Habit like a Duck to Water!. From now on, your going to join the 'Picky Clan' and continually seek perfection whatever you work on next.

A new oven is a fair exchange for another WH Tractor!.

AMC RULES

Great job with your first, you do really nice work. :thumbs:

Nice photography too, but this is the one that looks like a factory advertisement to me. :text-coolphotos:

Thanks, Craig!

Hey we're practically neighbors.

We used to live in Medford, where are you located?

Ken B

You did a real nice job with your C-100. Have fun with it!

rmaynard

Great job :thumbs: It's still amazes to me to see how well these old gals clean up.

DuchApl

Great job with your first, you do really nice work. :thumbs:

Nice photography too, but this is the one that looks like a factory advertisement to me. :text-coolphotos:

Thanks, Craig!

Hey we're practically neighbors.

We used to live in Medford, where are you located?

Way out west - in horse country, ironically - near Clinton.

Hydro

Very nice job neighbor! Love the reupholstered original seat.

No, totally original seat. After watching these things go for a hundred bucks or more on eBay, I had nearly given up and was ready to drop a dime or two on an upholstery job... Until I found another '75 C-100 at the LOCAL toro dealer. No engine but a nearly pristine seat and a bunch of other parts. $40. Alas, no headlight lens, and a badly pitted hood ornament. I need the clutch arm and idler off the donor, if I can EVER get the freakin' roll pin out.

983A0019.gif

Really nice work. Hope this helps you with the PTO

DuchApl

Great job :thumbs: It's still amazes to me to see how well these old gals clean up.

I agree, Maynard. Even the donor that has been sitting in the elements for years is still really solid.

DuchApl

Very nice job neighbor! Love the reupholstered original seat.

No, totally original seat. After watching these things go for a hundred bucks or more on eBay, I had nearly given up and was ready to drop a dime or two on an upholstery job... Until I found another '75 C-100 at the LOCAL toro dealer. No engine but a nearly pristine seat and a bunch of other parts. $40. Alas, no headlight lens, and a badly pitted hood ornament. I need the clutch arm and idler off the donor, if I can EVER get the freakin' roll pin out.

983A0019.gif

Really nice work. Hope this helps you with the PTO

Actually, it's the roll pin in the transmission clutch arm that attaches to the drive belt idler shaft. Every time I go out to the barn, I hit it with a little more PB Blaster and I've been doing that for a week - still not budging. Might have to try some heat.

DuchApl

Duch, If that result is your first attempt, then you've taken to this Habit like a Duck to Water!. From now on, your going to join the 'Picky Clan' and continually seek perfection whatever you work on next.

A new oven is a fair exchange for another WH Tractor!.

You are exactly right. I see all sorts of things wrong with the finish that the "layman" wouldn't notice. And a second WH would give me a chance to rectify all those trials and errors. Kinda like the one perfect golf shot I once had and spent 30 years trying to replicate. And FYI, Wifey is an interior designer - I simply shudder to imagine what she would demand by way of her own Wheel Horse. Paisley probably.

COMMANDO6

The only problem with creating anything, is that you look back on it and all you see, are all of your mistakes. I build model cars, and when I'm done and looking at it, I notice the little glue spot or messed up paint. It really irks me. But to an outsider, such as us here on RedSquare, your work looks absolutely amazing. Congrats on your first restore!

tarcoleo

"Leave the wife, take WH." -Don Arcoleo

Rooster

Oustanding Work!

CRE1992

Nice work! congrats

massey

As the others have said already, it looks great. Congrats on a fine job. :handgestures-thumbupright:

SAM58

Looks Like You found your purpose in life!!

:woohoo::happy-jumpeveryone::happy-wavemulticolor:

Outstanding!!

Irv

Very nice work. You should be proud and so should Wifey! Better you spend a few bucks on bringing a tractor back to life than over a bar somewhere. I also have a 75 C-100 I picked up last year. Had to rebuild the tranny and I was going to keep it original but after seeing yours I may try to get it somewhat as nice.

DuchApl

Very nice work. You should be proud and so should Wifey! Better you spend a few bucks on bringing a tractor back to life than over a bar somewhere. I also have a 75 C-100 I picked up last year. Had to rebuild the tranny and I was going to keep it original but after seeing yours I may try to get it somewhat as nice.

Thanks for the props, Irv.

I was thinking "all original" when I started it, but, I'm a big Ohio State fan (I know this info will genuinely endear me to some of the members here) and I just couldn't resist a Buckeye color scheme on the engine. I think I'm going to have to get a couple of those buckeye leaf helmet stickers for the hood :)

post-4385-0-54657900-1334139508_thumb.jp

AMC RULES

Maybe apply your stickers to some magnetic backer so you can put 'em on and take 'em of as needed. :scratchead:

DuchApl

Maybe apply your stickers to some magnetic backer so you can put 'em on and take 'em of as needed. :scratchead:

Good idea, if I was Michigan fan.

clyde

thats the trouble with us guys,you raise the hood and look out the whole tractor gets painted! :woohoo: awesome job by the way :happy-jumpeveryone:

Hodge71

Great Job. I started my 18 auto in the same way...eneded up as a complete teardown...its amazing how that stuff happens

wh414

Real nice :bow-blue: Excellent paint job.