Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

I lost a good friend and neighbor today

rmaynard

I moved into my neighborhood back in 1978. My oldest was 3. When he turned 5 it was time to go to the bus stop and meet all the other kids. At the bus stop were 3 sets of parents. There were 2 boys and 1 girl all headed off to kindergarten. Those 3 sets of parents became best of friends. We did birthday parties, Christmas parties, New Years parties...you get the point. For 31 years we saw good times and bad. Watched our kids turn into adults and then into parents, and us turn into grandparents.

As unlikely as it seems, the youngest of the group (age 60) was detected with a heart blockage. He was in otherwise great health, but went into the hospital for a relatively simple, minimally invasive procedure. Then within days, all hell broke lose. His kidneys stopped working, his liver function began to slow down and he was moved back into intensive care where he has remained for over 4 weeks. Today he passed away.

I will miss my friend.

jimt1971

Bob,

Sorry for your loss.

Jim

AMC RULES

He's the lucky one Bob.

shootinok

Hold tight to those great memories for comfort, lean on your friends for strength, and always remember how much you are care for each other and they for you

JimD

My heartfelt condolences on your loss Bob.

6wheeler

Bob, My heart hurts for you. Its been a tough week all around. There are really no words to say that will make it better today. But, you and his family have my condolences. I have another similar situation tonight and I will pray for your family and his as well. God Bless Pat

Jake Kuhn

Sorry to hear of your loss Bob. Jake

illinilefttackle

Bob sorry to hear of your loss. Our lives are made up of memories. You will always have your memories of him. He is truly in a better place. This video helps me when I'm down . Al

http://video.search....&sigs=11as977cv

Paul D.

Sorry for your loss Bob. I lost my neighbor/friend/hunting partner a few years back and it is not easy. Another neighbor and I make sure his wife and kids are taken care of with keeping there cars maintained and driveway clear in the winter and just listening when they need to talk. It's still not easy but it does get better.

HorseFixer

My condolences Bob. :(

dclarke

Hate to hear that Bob. My condolences.

mrmowitall

Real Sorry !

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Sorry for your loss bob. :mellow:

WHEEL HORSE BILL

bowtiebutler956

My heart goes out to you and his family. My family and I will be praying for you.

Matt :flags-texas:

can whlvr

sorry to hear that,way too young for that

VinsRJ

Sorry for your loss, Bob.

Vinylguy

Sorry for your loss Bob. I am not good at putting my thoughts into written word. I want to share my thoughts that in some way may comfort you in this time of grief but I will simply say, I am sorry.

tunahead72

Bob,

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. These things are never easy, you know that already, just remember to continue being a friend and good neighbor to the rest of his family, and give your own family an extra set of hugs as well.

We'll be thinking of you, and likewise to Pat (6wheeler), hang in there guys.

neil

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. prayers are with you from here in UK

massey

Sorry for the loss of your friend bob.

wheelhorse656

Bob sounds like you lost a great friend and I know it's hard....... But one day you will see him agian :)!! Ill be preaying for you and his family in this hard time...

stevasaurus

Holy Cow Bob, what a year you are having. I am sorry for your loss. I know what it means to lose a good friend. My prayers are with you and those. :)

Rollerman

Sorry to hear about your friend Bob, thoughts go out to you & his family.

Butch

Sorry you lost a close friend Bob.

JC 1965

I can certainly sympathize with you Bob. Two months ago i lost my best friend of 42 years to pancreatic cancer. I worked, fished, hunted, and watched his children grow, as he did mine. He was also a :wh: nut like the rest of us, so that's another thing we had in common. He is greatly missed but will never be forgotten. I'm so sorry for your loss. Time will ease your pain but for now, just remember the good times and be grateful for the time you got to share with him.