Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

I lost a good friend, and a good man is gone.

6wheeler

Hello all. I just wanted to mention this. Tuesday morning a good friend of mine passed away unexpectedly. He was a very good man. He was a past Worthy President of our Eagles club. He was a truck driver and hauled blacktop(mostly). I will always miss our races when we would meet at a signal light. He always said his dump truck was quicker off the line than my ready mix truck. So we would race at every light we met at. He was a bowtie guy all the way. His beautifully restored 58 Chevy Bel Air will be leading the percession on Monday. His boss had his Peterbilt dump truck detailed and polished and it will follow his Chevy. A fitting tribute I think. He was 61 years young. His name is Gil and he was a helluva guy. He never understood my "affliction" as he called it with these tractors. But, he volunteered to drive them alot. Then he would say," I can see where you could like these". Funny. As I am the current Worthy President of our Aerie, It falls upon me to deliver our tribute to a good friend and brother. I would be an idiot if I said it will not be hard to do. Last Saturday night he had a surprise birthday party for his wife at the club. All of his friends and family were there. He left around midnight, and at around five in the morning something happened and he went into a coma and didn't recover. I am happy that he had time to hold his new grandson, dance with his wife Carol and hug his children. And, say goodbye to his friends. He will be greatly missed by alot of folks. I am very thankful for the time I was able to spend with him Saturday night. Hug your kids, Kiss your wife. Tell them you love them often. You just can never know........... Pat

AMC RULES

Rest In Peace, God Speed Gil. :auto-layrubber:

Rollerman

Rest in piece Gil & thoughts go out to those that will miss him.

neil

Sounds like he was a great guy

God bless Gil

MikesRJ

I am sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace.

Trouty56

I feel sorry for you and the others who lost a good friend, husband, father, and grandfather. After reading your post I feel you will deliver the tribute just fine. Gil left this world a very happy man and, without a doubt, won the most important race we all are running right now.

JimD

I'm very sorry for your loss.

shootinok

Death is nothing at all

I have only slipped away into the next room

I am I and you are you

Whatever we were to each other

That we are still

Call me by my old familiar name

Speak to me in the easy way you always used

Put no difference into your tone

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow

Laugh as we always laughed

At the little jokes we always enjoyed together

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me

Let my name be ever the household word that it always was

Let it be spoken without effort

Without the ghost of a shadow in it

Life means all that it ever meant

It is the same as it ever was

There is absolute unbroken continuity

What is death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind

Because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you for an interval

Somewhere very near

Just around the corner

All is well.

Nothing is past; nothing is lost

One brief moment and all will be as it was before

How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!

Henry Scott Holland

• Like 2

Brrly1

I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with family and friends.

stevasaurus

Some things are never easy Pat, and this is certainly one of those. He will live every time he is remembered by those that loved him. My prayers and thoughts.

6wheeler

Thank you very much for your kind words, Gentlemen. The reading went well but, it carried extra weight for me today. This morning my brother called to let me know that my younger cousin had passed away this morning. They say when it rains it pours... I hope it clears up soon. Again, I just wanted to thank you for your kind words. Pat

Butch

It sucks getting older Pat. The older we get the more friends we lose. Sorry that you lost a good friend.