Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Straight From The Horse's Mouth

nylyon

I wanted to create an *Official* topic for this item since it has value in 2 ways, first as a very rare book and second as a fund raiser for Childhood cANCER research.

tomwh1971 bought Max's tractor last year with the intention of displaying it along with Max's story. The tractor is a symbol of the tragedy of cancer. Max lost his battle, but by becoming aware of this awful disease and raising money to continue research other children like Max might have a better chance!

Tom has continued his efforts by obtaining a book which was signed by both Mike Martino and Cecil Pond and dedicated to "The Great Max Nunn!" This book is *priceless* by itself, but the real value is how it can be used to help raise awareness and money for St. Baldrick.

This little boy should still be riding his Wheel Horse!

Max.jpg

Please help stop this from happening to any more children, and have the chance to own a priceless book!

<<To enter click here>>

nylyon

If you have already bought a chance to win the book, but wish to donate more, at the bottom of the side bar on the main forum page, there's a donate box. Or you can click on your name at the top right and go to the "Client Area" where you will see a donations area.

whfan74

Tom C. has a huge heart and has become a great ambassador in helping keep Max's dream alive. I feel very fortunate and humbled to have the drawing at our fall Meet and Greet/Show and am pleased that Tom Nunn will be able to join us and be able to see some of the impact that his son has passed on through this hobby.

We will be doing another raffle, seperate from this, again this year. All proceeds will go directly to St. Baldrick's. We were very proud to be able to raise just over $1000 that was sent to the St. Baldrick's Foundation. I am slowly working on planning for this and if there are any things that you would like to donate to the raffle, we would be more than happy to put them in the pile. If you have questions regarding this, please contact me through here or via pm. We will take just about anything and I want to thank so many of you for chipping in last year.

nylyon

Scott, thank you!

I would like to add also, that to purchase a chance for the book raffle you need to be a member of RedSquare. This is NOT a method to drive up membership here at RedSquare, I honestly could care less about that. If you belong to other forums and they allow this type of advertisement please pass the word out.

If someone joins RedSquare just for a chance to win this book and wishes for their account to be deleted after the drawing (and they have ZERO posts) I will remove their account. I'm fine if they dislike RedSquare or me, this is about Childhood Cancer and the opportunity to own a priceless book!

nylyon

Links to Max's story:

He got that ATV

There are more posts about Max, search for Max Nunn on RedSquare or Google

racinfool40

I have had the pleasure to meet Tom and Scott..And maybe some day Karl. I'm here to tell ya they are Class Acts!!!! My Hats off to all 3 of you for what you are undertaking. If ya have the chance to come to Scott,s Meet&Greet you will not be dissappointed, Last year was great and to have the chance to be involved raising the money for a great foundation is very rewarding, And now to have a chance to meet Tom Nunn will top it off for me...Scotty looks like were in for another tear jerker again this year!!! CAN"T WAIT!!!! :woohoo:

• Like 1

Operator

And where might this raffle buying be at? One ticket per member Tom told me. Any chance to pin this thread for "raffle" to main page? Instead of "hunting" for it.

nylyon

In every forum area on the forum there's a link to the entry.

post-5-0-97058900-1331000070_thumb.png

Also on the main page where I put the announcements:

post-5-0-54051900-1331000111.png

In the forum's store:

post-5-0-95782000-1331000154.png

And just for clarification, I have added a link to the first post:

post-5-0-41766400-1331000212.png

I tried to put it in every spot in the forum so "hunting wouldn't be necessary. I'll add it to my signature too :dunno:

nylyon

Ok, I've put it everywhere I can think of.

nylyon

Oh, forgot one, at the bottom of the side bar, if you wish to donate more (still only ONE chance) you can

post-5-0-79269800-1331000690.png

Operator

Thanks Karl! Been a looong day, up at 1 am.

nylyon

It's all good Randy. Click "Add to cart" and all is well :thumbs2:

Operator

Got er' done! Thanks again Karl.

nylyon

Already have the book, don't need another?

Not going to win anyway so why bother?

I'd rather spend $10 on something else?

Times are tight, $10 is a lot of money for me.

Think again! Here's what this is really about:

Remember all those pictures of when you were a kid? Well here's Max's:

post-5-0-34515200-1331055384.jpg

post-5-0-93383100-1331055384_thumb.jpg

Remember when you could just sit and snuggle with Dad? Does it look like this?

post-5-0-44334000-1331055385_thumb.jpg

I don't mean to be harsh, but pictures like this are the memories that too many families have of their kids. Wanna hear something even worse?

46 yes, Forty Six

46 kids TODAY just got subscribed to pictures just like this. There will be another 46 tomorrow, and 46 the day after that and the day after that.......

Is $10 going to cure all these kids, I don't know but I don't need to be an accountant or doctor to know that $0 is certainly not going to cure anyone!

So will you already have this book Ok you don't need another

Not going to win anyway Ok you probably won't

Rather spend $10 on something else, Ok

Times are tough, $10 is a lot of money Ok

But it's not Ok is it?

Buy your ticket today!

nylyon

I have moved this topic so the search engines can come and pick it up too!

nylyon

I dare you.... Watch this without a tear in your eye!

nylyon

I want to add a piece of clarification, it's important. There are 2 places to donate, one is for a chance for the book and that is located in the Shop, and the second is additional donations and that can be found in the bottom of the sidebar on the main screen. That additional donation only reflects the additional donations, it does NOT reflect the funds from the raffle. That is known only to myself and to the raffle sponsor Thomas Cornford!

post-5-0-79269800-1331000690.png

nylyon

You know, there was a guy on YouTube who popped a cap into his kids laptop just because she talked smack to him on the internet. Childhood cancer is talking smack to our kids EVERYDAY, help US pop a cap into this!

nylyon

The donations have slowed down (considerably) so we have a member who has decided to add to the pot the following:

TWO additional first edition books signed by Cecil. These are also BRAND NEW kids!

ONE Third edition Straight From The Horse's Mouth book.

That's right, you will have the chance to also win a 3rd edition book. This book hasn't been completed yet, but you will have the opportunity to WIN one when it is published (hopefully next year)

Michael Martino is putting in these additional items, and will sign each of these books as well.

I have read SO many posts about how sought after these books are and here is an opportunity to get not just the book, but the books signed by Cecil Pond (obviously not the 3rd edition) and Michael Martino. I can almost guarantee you that this is never going to happen again and more importantly the proceeds all go to fighting Childhood Cancer making everyone a winner!

If you haven't purchased your chance, what are you waiting for, I mean really do you think that you'll EVER be able to have this opportunity again?

Sparky

I donated for my chance Karl....now the nail biting starts....c-mon....pick me :eek: !

My original first edition is getting a bit ratty with age and from being scrolled thru over the years so I'm stoked for a chance to have one in mint shape that I can display!

Mike.............

Jon Steffen

ebay has two of these book wow i will never get one because of the price one is selling for $300 and the other is at $250 wow that much for a book

Rooster

That much for a hard to find piece of American History ;-)

AMC RULES

Just plain kooky, ain't it? :confusion-seeingstars:

dgoyette

The donations have slowed down (considerably) so we have a member who has decided to add to the pot the following:

TWO additional first edition books signed by Cecil. These are also BRAND NEW kids!

ONE Third edition Straight From The Horse's Mouth book.

That's right, you will have the chance to also win a 3rd edition book. This book hasn't been completed yet, but you will have the opportunity to WIN one when it is published (hopefully next year)

Michael Martino is putting in these additional items, and will sign each of these books as well.

I have read SO many posts about how sought after these books are and here is an opportunity to get not just the book, but the books signed by Cecil Pond (obviously not the 3rd edition) and Michael Martino. I can almost guarantee you that this is never going to happen again and more importantly the proceeds all go to fighting Childhood Cancer making everyone a winner!

If you haven't purchased your chance, what are you waiting for, I mean really do you think that you'll EVER be able to have this opportunity again?

Am I reading this correctly that there will be 4 books? Does that mean 4 drawings and 4 winners? That would be cool.

It may even be worthwhile to have the addtional copies / drawings for multiple donations.

1st drawing - Everyone who donates $10

2nd - everyone who donates 2 times or $20

3rd - donations of $30

4th donations of $40

I know this complicates keeping track of the fund raiser it but it gives great odds of winning for multiple donations and could really stir up more donations.

nylyon

*NEW* I have added a "cool" Max Nunn Book Donator badge to every member who has donated. Get your badge TODAY!