Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

gas prices

can whlvr

so i thought id post about fuel prices and how it affects us,as a fuel driven hobby it affects all of us that use these machines,one of my best friends drives for petro canada and he heard regular gasoline is gonna go to 1.50 a litre,thats 6.00 a gallon,i dont know about you guys but that hurts when you are running high test in your tractor and right now it costs 40.00 to fill a 5 gallon can,this affects seat time when times are tough,ive only had 1 week work this year so unessasary use of the tractor is a luxury,its about a tank of fuel 3 gallons each time it snows,and thats only when we get a few inches,in my truck its 150 dollars to fill and i only get 700 km if i baby it,it just plain hurts,i can go through 3 tanks a week if im going to the city to work,i dont know how were are going to do it,fuel oil is nuts too,it costs me about 1000 bucks to fill and we can burn that ina month if its cold,i dont like where its heading for us,of coarse only the price will rise,might have to geta deisel in the future and sell a few of the heard,im operating 7 tractors,i know you cant drive more than 1 at a time but they still need to have fuel in them,so how has it affected you people

Norlett

hi there

:flags-wavegreatbritain::angry: We pay about £1.40 a litre now.Not happy.when all we seem to run is petrol or diesel engines.

And they are talking about putting the price up again.

We will just have to grin and bear it.And have a moan

Have to let the grass grow longer.And learn the horse's to eat more grass.

Rooster

My #1 Hobby is racing, I run on a national circuit.

Last year we spent over $5000 on gas driving to races.....so this year???

meadowfield

as my Dad said...

you guys think you have it bad... £1.40 a litre = £5.20 a gallon (US one) thats $8.20 a gallon if you had to pay our prices !

:angry-soapbox:

stevasaurus

I think it is all about the speculators on wall street. From what the news is saying, it is not supply and demand. :dunno: If you guys remember, we went through this last year at this time and the price came back down in May/June. I stocked up on my Rock&Rye while the gas was at a lower price..pretty smart eh? :)

WH Raider10

In Belgium we pay 2,26 dollar a litre or around 9 dollars a gallon! I think we should complain... Oh well, I think it's taking us all down.

meadowfield

In Belgium we pay 2,26 dollar a litre or around 9 dollars a gallon! I think we should complain... Oh well, I think it's taking us all down.

I feel slightly better now :D

bowtiebutler956

Wow, I thought we had it bad at $4 a gallon but those prices are crazy! :text-imsorry:

rexman72

US oil companies send 50 percent of gas production to europe and other places because they can get 8 to 9 dollars a gallon instead of the cheap 4 dollars a gallon they charge us.

Norlett

:shock: Even LPG keeps creeping up in price.We have a small RV and use it through the cold weather.

We can use a 12 litre tank of LPG over week end.Thats keeping warmish.and the fridge going.

That is about 73p a litre.Plus the fuel in the RV.But not to worry.Got to keep goverment Happy.Dont think so. :ranting: :ranting: :UK:

dennist

Yes, the gas prices will slow down any buying for me, as I usually have to drive at least $50-$100 distance just to pick up a new tractor. It has already stopped a few purchases I would have made in the last couple months.

2008-$147.00 a barrel= $4.00 per gal.

2012-$107.00 a barrel= $4.00 per gal.

farmer

I've had a rant about this subject before, my answer is my 512-D, it uses just over half the fuel my 312 used to burn, but running on red diesel, (70 pence/litre)

mowing the lawn doesn't hurt quite so bad now. :thumbs:

6wheeler

Where I work, I drive a ready mix truck. We have 78 trucks that run 7 months out of the year. We run app. 25 to 40 the balance of the year. I cannot even imagine what it costs the company for fuel per year. And that doesn't even count 6 loaders,bobcats and curb machines that run during the busy season. And now with fuel being so high, we charge a fuel surcharge on top of the price of concrete. And now we charge an environmental charge per load. Our trucks only average 4 mpg. When I first started here 24 years ago, concrete was $48.00 dollars per yard and I made $12.00 per hour. Now 24 years later, I make $25.00 per hour and concrete is $134.00 per yard. All this is gonna kill our economy, Or what's left of it. I may just have to look at my tractors and get a couple of goats to keep the grass cut.

AMC RULES

...and ride a bike to work too. :confusion-helpsos:

• Like 1

squonk

Steve and Rex are right. We can drill and drill and build pipelines all over America. The companies are going to send the gas to wherever they get the most for it. It's like an auction. If there is a $200 :wh: there and 3 guys want it, it's not going to sell for $200 :*****:

Sparky

Makes ya wonder if it will affect attendance to the WH show this June in Pa. For me its about 740 miles round trip and at 10mpg thats 74 gallons. If gas, which is $4.oo/gallon around here, and doesn't go up before June (yeah, right!) I'll be forking over $296 to get my truck there and back. Then add in the tolls and my motel room and I'm around $500.oo not including food for me and my 16yo son (AKA, bottomless pit :grin: ) and any tractor stuff I buy at the show.

Its gonna be an expensive year but worth it I hope. I know lots of guys wish the show was more often than once a year but I doubt my budget is ready for two long distance shows.

Mike..........

squonk

The WH show is my "Vacation" It helps to go with extra people to help with the fuel costs. I start saving for the show the next day after I get home from the last one.

Hydro

Some things are relative. Last year I drove 9 hours to come to the show and stayed two nights in Shippensburg. I pulled a trailer and went home empty. It was a 1st time experience for me. I enjoyed it but from a cost point of view ...made no sense. Did it just for the enjoyment. :twocents-mytwocents:

can whlvr

i am now considering a second vehicle for myself,before it didnt pay to buy,insure,put fuel in,repair and maintain a second vehicle,im a contractor so i have to have a 4x4 truck,but im weighing it out and it would be cheaper to have a 4 cinlinder car,preferably a volkswagon tdi,if i use 2-3 tanks a week,450.00,if i could cut that number in 4,say 100 week for the car in fuel,50 a week for the truck,150 week total,thats 300 savings a week,1200 a month times 4-5 months a year(not allways travelling)thats 6000.00 savings a year,so if i got a car for say 350 a month,and insurance and maintance im about even,but if i travel more it would pay,but as i first stated thats why im considering it,if fuel goes to 150-160- a litre ill have no choice but to bite the bullet and get a car,which i havnt driven since i was a young man,like 16 years old,ive allways had a truck,and will miss one but gotta do it

VinsRJ

We can blame the oil companies but lets look at it from their point. Would any of you sell me your highly prised WH for a 1/2 of what you could actually get for it in the open market? I dought it.

And additional drilling is not going to solve the problem either because there's no competition, the oil companies that are drilling to day will be the ones doing the additional drilling tomorrow.

When Americans finally stick their middle finger up to Exxon/Mobil and the others... will be the day we see material change in the oil industry and gas prices over all.

whfan74

We have been planning on coming out to the show since last year. Hotel room is already booked and all set. Thankfully, like many of you, we have been setting aside money for a while now so we can enjoy the show. This will probably be our one and only big show to come to so we are coming no matter what. Unfortunately the gas prices are all over the place and it will cut in to our "fun" spending while at the show. I am estimating we will get about 9 miles to the gallon hauling the 7x17 foot enclosed trailer. Right now we are looking at approximately $500 just for gas roundtrip. Other than making this trip we are and have been reorganizing our travel. It is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Martin

as my Dad said...

you guys think you have it bad... £1.40 a litre = £5.20 a gallon (US one) thats $8.20 a gallon if you had to pay our prices !

:angry-soapbox:

yep,same back home. just did a quick check its averaging around AUD$1.40 a litre. at todays rate thats US$1.50 a litre or (at 3.785 litres to us gallon) $5.67. so im not complaining, i filled up for 3.69 thursday.

smoreau

I think government needs to mandate that gas not be over $2.00 a gallon! We all know that gas prices are inflated like a balloon with way too much hot air. If a President would mandate this price with a $0.10 raise in gas prices a year, the economy would go to a all new high like the way it was 15 years ago and people would be very happy Am I dreaming, Yes, too many tight a__ politicians in office, but big brother wants there thumb over are head making sure they are in control of us. Its time I start moon shining and mixing it with gas to make my one e85 gas. I wish that I could do that, but it's getting to that point. It feels like our country is loosing our freedom with all the taxes and fuel cost! You have to work more and drive less, and if you want some luxury time on a holiday, they make sure they benefit from it by raising the price right before you go. There, I vented a little, but still don't feel any better!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

How much more are we willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the one percenters?

Reported locally by the corporate ownd media, gas prices increased by ten cents overnight. :teasing-wedgie:

I'm beginning to wonder if fuel prices raised by TEN DOLLARS overnight, if anyone would care to effect some change? :teasing-poke:

AMC RULES

:soapbox:

On the subject again...I guess I'm just a little peeved because when they raised gas prices during the summer last year, because of principle...I denied myself the opportunity to attend the big Pa. :wh: show. Now I sit here this year, watching them raise the gas prices on a daily basis, wondering to myself how I can justify attending this year? I am one of those KOOKS that believe that if we band together and boycott the frivolous purchasing of fuel, we could effect a positive change in the overall price per gallon. I guess I'm just being too naive, maybe as a whole, we are as weak and powerless as the corporations seem to believe? :teasing-poke: