Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

I hate myself..... I sent a C100 to slaughter

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

I had a complete C100 that spent a few years outdoors and subsequently was stiff and needed some love. Tractor was complete and in relaitively good shape. I didn't think I would have time to get to it so I figured sell it off on EBAY and let someone else get it running and enjoy it.... Well---it went on EBAY and I sold it, the guy shows up and we load it up on his pickup. He's in his 60's and says hes retired---quietly I say "cool this tractors gonna get a full restore" I ask what he plans on doing with it and he says---you know that this tractor is worth more parted out and that he buys them off of EBAY and tears them down and sells all the parts to make money. I say--oh yah??? Good Luck with it , shake his hand and go into the house to cry......

DANGIT I HATE WHEN THESE TRACTORS ARE PARTED OUT!!!!! :angry-banghead: I know it happens and its gotta happen---but I don't want it to be me facilitating it.

One less complete C100 left..... Son of a Gorilla... :violin:

Tony

AMC RULES

I learned that lesson with AMC's a long time ago...you can't keep 'em all Tony. :twocents-twocents:

smoreau

Sad to say, But it does happen and how else can we find parts for our good running tractors? I only parted out 1 tractor so far, a c125 and it was picked over before I got it. No tires or wheels engine shot and full of water. rear fenders all busted up, hood smashed, What was good was the eaton 1100 trans, 1 rear hub, hydro lift cylinder and valve, and the cables and guages. so that was ok in my book, but a complete tractor, I couldn't do it! And I kept all the parts

bowtiebutler956

Say Tony, I saw your c-100 on ebay, and I really wanted to buy it but I live in south texas, so picking it up just would'nt be practical. I even asked some of the others if it would be ok if I posted something in the forums about a really good deal I found on ebay, but one of the administrators said it would not be advisable as it could drive the price up on others who might be bidding on it. :text-imsorry: I would have gladly bought it from you, but it would have cost me close to $1000 to come an get it. Next time you want to sell a horse post it in the classifieds here, then it would probably get a better home. Matt

Crazywheelhorseman

tony i am always looking to buy machines. my place is wheel horse haven. no complete machines get taken apart and nothing from parts machines go to waste. the guys that know me will tell ya. like rideawaysenior,wheelhorsec85,chris11 and any of the other guys that have been to my place

can whlvr

think of this way,if no one parted them there would be not nearly as many runners out there and hey it didnt go to the crusher like so many have,it will go to a good purpose,i have never parted out a machine but i have bought lots of used parts to keep my fleet going,so try and think of the positive if you can

• Like 1

Kelly

Well I part tractors all the time, sorry but it funds my hobby, and I try not to part complete tractors but many are beyond rebuilding with out having another parts tractor or two, I have good running tractors here and no one wants to pay $300 for a nice running tractor that needs paint and minor tinkering, but I can sell the engines out of them for $200-300 if it was not for the demand for the parts I would not do it, but I get a dozen emails a week just from guys here wanting parts, so don't blame me, I'm just filling the need for parts, they could all be in the junk piles and no parts used off them.

• Like 2

shootinok

Hey - I'm an organ doner...

:lol:

Hydro

The parts have to come from somewhere and there seems to be more and more reason to believe Toro's stock is dwindling. For every one that dies I'm sure several others live! Our hobby would grind to a halt pretty quickly without used parts. :eusa-clap:

Oh yes...since when has profit become a dirty word in America? :coffee:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Hey, no dirty words allowed here Gary. :ROTF:

Hydro

:angry-cussing: Profit :angry-cussing: Profit :angry-cussing:

• Like 2

bowtiebutler956

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Kelly

your going to be censored if you keep it up :ychain:

AMC RULES

Lord know...I tried to tell him. :ROTF:

Hydro

Lord know...I tried to tell him. :ROTF:

EH?

jay in nc

ive got a back field full of stuff i saved from the crusher , at one time there were 10 chevy pannels & subburbans from 48 -72 .+ pick-ups and cars. ive got around 18-20 wheelhorses & none i consider parts tractors although i do have a massey-harris 33 gas tractor that was bought for a parts tractor for my 33 diesel. & tony if wh came up for sale more in my area id have more. you cant save them all. jay

wheelhorsec85

WELL TONY , i tend to agree with ya now . no more parting out for me . even thou i understand the parting out of tractors . not for me anymore . :hand:

bowtiebutler956

I agree.

Kelly

Well if you guys don't want them parted out bring some cash and a semi, I'll load you up, you can save all the ones I have.

make that 2 semi's and lots of $$ I have a alot of stuff.

Ken B

Kelly if you lived closer to me I'd be at your place all the time buying parts. You provide a great service to all of us with very reasonable prices. I bet you get alot more business selling parts than complete tractors, maybe some of that is because shippin a tractor is kinda pricey.

There is a tractor bone yard near me and the guy won't part anything out. If I see a tractor there ( usually an off brand) that has a good motor I can use I'll ask him how much for just the motor, he'll say something like 400 bucks for the whole tractor, I'd offer 250 for just the motor and tell him I'll take it off and he can sell off the rest of it and make more than 400. He won't ever go for it and he generally doesn't sell much because of this. The motor will usually wind up locked up and useless because water got into it. Needless to say I haven't been there in a few yrs.

Tony, do you happen to know if that guy is from Old Lyme CT.?

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse

Hi Ken,

the guy was from New York..... all the way out 84 over the Newburgh....

Tony

bowtiebutler956

Say Kelly, you provide a very valuable service to wheel horse owners everywhere, and I meant no disrespect to you or anyone else who provide parts for the rest of us. My deal is that down her in south Texas where I live you can't even find an old wheel horse anywhere, just check craigslist Tx, not one. I watched that C-100 on ebay, and still have it on my watch list. I would have paid double what it brought, but it was 2100mi. away from me. Then I read its getting parted out. I just could'nt do that, but I meant no disrespect to those who do. Thanks Matt

Kelly

Ken, I sell 3 maybe 4 running tractors a year, but I have 4 or 5 most of the time that are for sale.

And yes shipping tractors is not going to be cheap, and I don't deal with shipping big stuff, I have a full time job and a family, so no time to deal with the big stuff.

Matt, no problem, I just get tired of hearing "you must save them all", it's not going to happen, they are just garden tractors, cool but still garden tractors, I see them setting out rusting, doing no one any good, at least being parted out they are keeping others working, and helping the economy, with me paying bills, and buying stuff, cost of shipping at USPS or UPS, others getting parts cheaper so they have more money to spend on other stuff, like on the wife after they buy more tractor parts.

kpinnc

I have mixed feelings. I hate to see them parted out, but wouldn't have half of the tractors I have without someone doing it.

Better to part them out than to scrap them or destroy them. As has been eluded to above- it's more like donating organs than anything else. Doc, you should sleep with a clear conscience. Your tractor will help others to enjoy the ones they have for even a while longer.

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse

Don't get me wrong... I understand that tractors need to be parted... I just hate to see a complete unmolested all original rig such as my C100 get parted and that doesn't get a chance to be restored. The C100 I sold that will be parted was one of the tractors that should of been saved and restored with parts from tractors that are beyond help..... thats what I meant.

• Like 1