Sign in to follow this  
Raider10

My c105 resto

AMC RULES

:text-bravo: Drop dead gorgeous black, err...red hood Raider. :thumbs:

meadowfield

who are the goodlooking guys in the background ? :ychain:

Raider10

Must be someone wandered in off the street. Never seen them before! Think that settles it. Gonna paint the hood black i think. Will need to wait for warmer weather though.

scWHhauler

man that nice :)

massey

You did a nice job there. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Raider10

Heres a few more updated pics of my c105. Think its finally finished. Had to drag myself away from the lawn ranger for a while to put decals on.014.jpg

017.jpg

And a couple of before and after pics of a c105.

021.jpg

020.jpg

And now some light refreshment. AAAHHH!

023-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

Jobs a good un. Time to carry on fettling the lawn Ranger. Might just have another beer first though.

:woohoo: Ian.

neil

The c105 looks fantastic Ian an i know what it looked like before you started restoration on it

It was in a bit of a state , so credit due

well done

meadowfield

The c105 looks fantastic Ian an i know what it looked like before you started restoration on it

well done

Here's a reminder !

last August on the way from yours Neil !

aug.jpg

meadowfield

and here are some more pictures ! my brother might be good with a paintbrush and welder, but his pictures are not doing this restoration justice !!!!

So here goes with a few shots :D

click on them to get the full resolution !!!!

IMG_7223.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

With my C-105 still to be restored for comparison !!!!

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_7243.jpg

Raider10

well done

Cheers Neil. Its booked in at Ardingly so you'll be able to see it.

Anglo Traction

:handgestures-thumbup: Super 'Proper Job' Ian and a new lease of life for the 'ole Gal !. You wield a mean Paintbrush etc. Lookin forward to Ardingly.

Raider10

:) Thought id better say that Its not brush painted. Its sprayed. I brush painted my raider 10 which turned out great but decided spraying was the .way forward for the c105. however the entire contents of my garage are now red. the over spray has covered just about everything so i decided to brush paint my Lawn ranger to cut down on the mess but that has turned into a bit of a night mare because the vapormatic paint im using is horrible to brush on and runs everywhere, no matter how good i brush it on, so it looks like it out with wet and dry and back to the spray gun.

neil

Have you tried using a brush to applly the paint then going over it with a lambs wool mini roller ,

Ive done this with quite a few things in the past & it does come out quite well

Raider10

Have you tried using a brush to applly the paint then going over it with a lambs wool mini roller ,

Ive done this with quite a few things in the past & it does come out quite well

Cheers for that neil. Never tried the roller method before but have seen some fairly decent paint jobs using this method. Ive since rubbed the lawn ranger chassis down and sprayed it but im still not happy. think it was too cold when i brushed the first the first coat on and then i didnt wait long enough before rubbing it down as you can see all the sanding marks. Im not amused. :banghead: Just debating weather or not to flat it again and give it another coat.

Ian

meadowfield

we used a roller on Ewans hood on the westwood, cheapo foam one from a generic pound shop I think - came out ok...