Sign in to follow this  
darren

Tiller belt replacement - is 'close', close enough?

darren

The tiller's on the back of the tractor and for the life of me I can't find the belt.. It's around somewhere but the belt that was sitting with it in the outhouse was a deck belt; not quite long enough :D

The OEM 0001599 belt is nigh on impossible to find over here in the UK but I'm having trouble finding a match.

The 0001599 spec is 1/2"x139"-5/8"

I have a supplier that can provide a 1/2" x 5/8" belt but the length details they have are;

Outside Length: 3551mm (139.8")

Pitch Length: 3535mm (139.2")

Inside Length: 3505mm (138")

I'm reasonably sure the original 139" measurement is an outside length. If that's the case, is this belt at 139.8" lilkely to be okay at almost 1" longer. The slack may be taken up by the idler but I'm concerned it's still a bit off.

What do you guys reckon?

can whlvr

the oem belt is called 141,so i would guess thats outside distance,i looked here in canada and coulnt find one,but a member here once posted a list of options,his user name is daveoman1966,try a search,it had some other tractor makers like john deere and so on

darren

Thanks Don.

If it comes to it, I've bought from Dave before and was gradually building a shopping list to send to him, so I may well add it to the list.

I'll do a search now in any case, cheers for the help

can whlvr

darren,i posted that dave POSTED a list of possible suppliers,john deere,bolens,mtd,stens,toro,jaadee,oregon,these manufactures have belts that are very close or the same if you try some of these dealers you might get lucky

kpinnc

If you have to substitute, I'd pick the one that is closest to the length, but on the shorter side. OEM tiller belts can slip under load, and going to a longer belt could add to that problem.

I have a Carlisle belt on mine that is 139 inches. It's a bit tight on my 310-8, but works great and never slips. Cost about $30...