ce318

Which tiller belt

ce318

Ok new user needs info. I have a WH 418a and a WH tiller 07-36tl01-23091 with the center mid mount idler pulleys. What I need to know is which belt do I use the one that came with it seems to been a couple inches to short. Napa's #'s say it is a 136" I have perused the forum here and could not find what I was looking for. Our toro dealer 80 miles away says he has never heard of WH and doesnt know or maybe does not care. I have a Napa store and AG West and Big R. So any help I can get or part# would be awesome.

I could post pics if that would help.

can whlvr

im pretty sure its 141 inches long,i could only find it at the dealer,if i were you i would look in the search section,i remember a post some time ago and a member here put down several options to get this belt,im sorry i dont remember who started the post but if you search tiller or tiller belt it should be there somewhere

ce318

You are correct and thank you. I called a toro dealer in Portland Oregon and they quoted $ 86.32 and 6-10 days to deliver. Out of frustration I contacted the John Deer dealer (I live in farm-ranch country) they were able to get me two for $ 24.95 with shipping. The remarkable part is know one else in my area carried belts like this. I had called my local Napa, Big R and Ag West supply and none of them had belts or belts of 141" Kubota and Hesston had them but they were 5/8" or 3/4" and no 1/2". I wish I could figure out another way to get the belts easier. Since we have no snow I figured I would hall a load of Cow manure in and till the garden and my neighbor wants to do the same other than he wants to plant a lawn that way when the snow comes and spring the grass will grow and my Garden will be ready for June planting. I just Love this site, and all the info. Again Thank you so much. Do you have any idea how low the tiller should go below ground. Chris

sorekiwi

Out of frustration I contacted the John Deer dealer (I live in farm-ranch country) they were able to get me two for $ 24.95 with shipping.

When you get them can you confirm that they fit and post the JD Part #? I'm sure there are plenty of members that would be interested.

ce318

I will do that, parts comes in on Monday, I will check to make sure it fits properly. I will then post the results and part#'s. I am sure hope it works out it would sure make things easier. I have no resource for used parts or implements out here. I want to get a blade for my tractor and I think I will have to buy one used back east and have it shipped here. There are so many toys I want but they are all back there. Chris

tgranthamfd

I went through all of this belt length stuff, too. I had to get the toro #1599 belt, I do not remember the length in inches, though. I have the same tiller, as you, hooked up on a Toro Wheel Horse 2005 315-8 Classic GT. It was manufactured off of the old Wheel Horse 300 series specifications.

Off the top of my head, I think it was 139" or 140" belt.

farmer

Chris,

You can vary the tiller depth by using the tractors dial-a-height, anywhere from skimming the surface, to 5-6".

I limit the depth I go to avoid the large pulley touching the soil, otherwise it will pack with dirt and throw the belt.

ce318

Okay, so I got to the John Deere dealer for my tiller belt today. The belt is a PIX brand A139 1/2 X 141" cost $ 23.55. I was kind of excited so I installed the tiller and belt tonight and tilled up a portion of my garden. I flung the belt once because I didnt set the center pulley thing right. After I corrected that and put on a stronger string everything worked great. So as I stated earlier my Big R store wanted $ 66.00 and two weeks because it comes from Indiana (so they say) John Deere got it from the same place. Since JD did such a great job I ordered all the belts for mower deck, snow blower and tiller. That way I had extras. Bill came to $ 77.50 for all with 10.00 S/H. Hope that helps any of you who wanted the info. Blessing from a guy with no snow who tills his garden and uses the snow blower to bag leafs in December. Yuk I want SNOW, hey that could be my Christmas Gift.

sorekiwi

Thanks for posting that information, you have just saved a lot of members some cash! :thumbs:

ce318

I don't think I have a dial a height as I have Hydraulic lift. My tractor is a 418A and I am new to it so if there is something I am missing please let me know. I am trying to learn all I can about my WH from service to attachments to operations. I have found most things here on RS I think my wife believes I am addicted as I check for updates all the time LOL. I would rather be on here than FB. So if anyone has info on the 418A or tiller, mower or Snow thrower or neat little hints please let me know. With thanks and gratitude, Chris

can whlvr

i think with the hydros you use the cylinder as the height adjustment,only lower the implement down as far as you want and its supposed to stay there i guess