Sign in to follow this  
Hydro

Getting your tractor unstuck

Hydro

th_tractor.jpg

I hope I posted this correctly. Not sure which site would be the most appropriate. I'm sure all will enjoy

ol550

• Clever. :bow-blue: I've heard you can turn one over doing that and with a little
  • mire throttle it could have happened. :omg:

MalMac

Hey what ever works. Got unstuck and no one hurt or killed. Give the man an A+

dandan111

I have been told about that method, also warned never ever to do it. looks like it worked good for you though.

Pollack Pete

I've done the same thing when my Case CK-680 backhoe got stuck when I was digging my pond.Nothing around for several hundred feet

to hook a come-along to.Desperate people do desperate things.

neil

genious

i would never have thought to do that

546cowboy

Where there's a will there's a way and that is something I wouldn't of thought of. You have to wonder though why he ever thought he could make it through there with whatever is attached to it. Looks like a disc maybe?

dennist

Where there's a will there's a way and that is something I wouldn't of thought of. You have to wonder though why he ever thought he could make it through there with whatever is attached to it. Looks like a disc maybe?

It appears he is logging with a farm tractor. You can see the butt end of the logs just to the end of the video.

Raider12

Get'r Done! It worked. I my self like to try and stay out of the situation that may cause that problem. But, I have buied my 4x4 1 ton truck to the axles before.

Hydro

I have been told about that method, also warned never ever to do it. looks like it worked good for you though.

Not me. This a video that was sent to me. The voices sound Baltic. I don't know the origin. Just wanted to let everyone see

Road-Track

Farmers have to do stuff like that in the spring around here or if you are sugaring in mud season (the fifth season in Vermont) tactics like that and a few others are sometimes needed.

I have had to tie 16" logs cross ways to the wheelhorse rear wheels a few times getting stuck in the mud.

What ever works...

Don1977

I wouldn't have tried to go through there it looks dry less than 10 ft. behind that area.

WH854

th_tractor.jpg

I hope I posted this correctly. Not sure which site would be the most appropriate. I'm sure all will enjoy

I have seen that before on RS :scratchead::thumbs:

Chas

KC9KAS

My 1st father-in-law did this several times in years gone by...

He used a railroad tie....about a 8" X 8" X 8 foot long. This wouldn't break!

Problem was, he ripped the fenders right off of the tractor....He just laughed and laughed!

This man had 3 or 4 gardian angles, as 1 couldn't keep up with him!

6wheeler

Never done that with a tractor before. We did a somewhat similar thing with a D-8 Cat once. Very dangerous, we hooked 2 cables (one on each track) and let them spin and pull the cables underneath. Then attach them to 2 , 16 foot logs and pull them underneath the tracks. It worked. But after a day of fighting with it we learned a valuable lesson, Don't get stuck in the first place..... Lesson learned :eusa-think:

Sparky

I have seen that before on RS :scratchead::thumbs:

Chas

Yep, its a cool video and it resurfaces on Redsquare about every 18 months or so. Apparently the guys on this forum must have some common interest :eusa-think: .

Mike........

rexman72

wow who would have ever thought to do that