Sign in to follow this  
Brian-Mc

Suburban 701 Axle Brackets for Snow Plow

Brian-Mc

I am looking for some measurements and better details for the angle brackets that are attached to the rear axle to attach a snow plow to the Suburban 701. I have aquired a Suburban 701 from my father which had been given from his father. My grandfather purchased this 701 in 1961 new and has been in our family since. I am wanting to get the snow plow connected but over the past 20 years, the angle brackets were misplaced and assumed to be trashed when my parents moved from my childhood home.

From what drawings I have seen, the angles appear to be simplistic and should easily be mocked up. My biggest concern is the distance between the bottom hole where the square "U" bolt goes and the hole that the plow attaches too. I have yet to even get the plow onto the tractor but hoping to do so within the next two weeks.

Kelly

I have a early plow here but the axle brackets bolt to the plow, is that the style you need measurements from?

TT

:WRS:

The dozer blade brackets for the BD-4271 (or similar) used on the 701 are definitely of simple construction.

Material is 2" X 2" angle iron, 1/4" thick & 6" long.

I apologize in advance for the terrible pictures, but my 701 is blocked in by a few other tractors and I basically had to free-hand and/or stand on my head to take them.

The bottom hole centerline is roughly 3/4" up from the bottom and back about 3/4" from the leading edge:

701axlebracket007.jpg

The centerline of the bottom hole for the U bolt looked to be about 3 1/4" above the blade mounting hole:

701axlebracket004.jpg

I can try to get better pictures if you have to have them. :confusion-shrug:

Brian-Mc

Sorry for the delayed reply. I actually saw the messages via email on my phone the other week but have yet to find myself on the computer to reply until now.

This is exactly what I needed. Now all I need to do is get my lit arm repaired. It has broken the weld where it attaches to the pin.

Thanks for the reply and pictures...